Rumor only - New Vortechs??

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the reef link does have its issues it is FAR FAR FAR Better then Mobius trust me!!!! I just got the G5 and I’ve had Numerous issues with Mobius(disconnects, doesn’t stay on shedual, can’t add lights to same tank etc.) Seems like it was programmed by 6th graders in their first computer science class (Hello world) Can’t believe this from a top tier high end reefing company. It sad because I am an ecotech fan but they REALLY missed the boat with Mobius’s. My tip for reef link is try and hardwire it with Ethernet if you Can. Resolved a lot of issues for me

sorry for going off track from the topic. if there is a new one with the dry side making it smaller will be good

Dominic Prezwanski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone lead me to a second hand mp40wqd?!! I’ve well and truly blown my budget :/ pretty much living on all the craigslist and offer ups !

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I love you all-but here is rantothoutimous (a thought Out ish rant) - vortech is a powerhead, there are a crap ton of PHs out there. There are two distinctions amongst them, size and capability. So vortech blew up the PH game with dry side wetside tech. Amazing and revolutionary.

only similar and revolutionary since is the gyre style. IMHO.

so if they came out with the MPXXQDWSM (MP size quiet drive wireless Superman) what could it be?

smaller dry side? I don’t think you get a new patent

Smaller wet side? Invent a new propeller for same or greater flow ? I am down but my friend physics isn’t.

MP5 and MP2? I love my picos so heck ya.

what else can you do with a vortech beyond size? Mmmm

so why make a new one? Only if you can get a new patent. So if it’s that, what changes?????

I think ecotech takes the vortech, stays the same, moves towards total APEX competitor.

tell me I’m wrong? Prove me wrong?

what if ecotech made a calcium, alk, phosphate, nitrate, auto tester? They could call it the Vocaphosalktrate <vo-ka-fos-alk-tray-t> that would literally flow away the competition (see what I did there?)

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooooo any news on the new Vortechs! I and my corals are creaming at the idea and want to pass on some of my hard earned USD already!

Read this thread from the beginning ......

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had/just did again. It’s been a few months from the start!!

My comment may have seemed a bit snitty .... not intended that way. LFS rumors are always best taken with very large grains of salt. Seems mobius capability in the vortech range has simply been a running change. With versa, mobius and now gen5 radion I’d be shocked if ETM had the bandwidth to also be introducing a new version of the vortech frankly. Plus, many factories are running with reduced numbers of employees in order to be able to respect adequate social distancing so even if a new version were coming, it’ll likely be a while. This is just common sense informed speculation on my part of course ......

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back