Running Fluorescent bulbs

Saltwatertaylor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
532
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. I was wondering how long do you think is appropriate to run my fluorescent lights each day. I have been running them for 8 hours a day. Is this a good amount or should it be less/more?
Stay salty my friends.
 
What fixture do you have and how many sets of bulbs can you control?


When I ran T5’s, I ran them for 12 hours. However, I tried to mimic a normal day and first had moonlights common on for a half hour or so, then two T5’s for an hour or so; then the remaining 4 T5’s….all lights on….that mimicked midday light. In the evening I reversed the turning off of lights.

I do the same thing now, but with LEDs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new