Running my Kalkwasser stirrer.

  • Thread starter Thread starter atoll
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atoll

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
5,976
Reaction score
11,173
Location
Wales UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kalwasser has been I use for more years than most of us here have been on this earth not including me of course.
I have used Kalwasser in its various ways for many years. My most recent is via my Aqua Medic KS1000 Kalwasser stirrer.
You will find a whole host of people both for and against its use citing a whole host of reason why.

Most recently it has dropped down the numbers list probably due to the upsurge in auto doing via a monitor controller of one sort or another. However, IMO using kalkwasser should not be dismissed lightly.
There is lots of info on YouTube and here on such if interested in using Kalkwasser for dosing both calcium and alkalinity so I won't bore you with more.

The following video is on how I replenish my Kalk in my stirrer and how I run it which some may find of interest.

 
OK so I am an old geezer @Paul B on a pension and been in this hobby longer than most have been on this earth.

I and many more have been using Oxydators for more years than many here have been on this earth

am not a scientist just an old retired chippy who has been keeping his tanks longer than most on here have been on this earth

I have been banging on about Oxydators so more years than many people have been on this earth.

I have been in this hobby longer than most people here have been on this earth that's not a brag it's a confession and I apologise for my rants that I feel passionate about.

40 years is a long time right. Probably longer than most reading this have been on the earth

Kalwasser has been I use for more years than most of us here have been on this earth

Wow. You must really like that phrase. You must of had dinosaurs as friends back in the day. ;)

dinosaur GIF
 
Wow. You must really like that phrase. You must of had dinosaurs as friends back in the day. ;)

dinosaur GIF
Pre dinosaurs in fact just the odd amoeba. Geezas have been around a lot longer than you might think. Me thinks you must have far to much time on your hands to gather all those together lol
 
Pre dinosaurs in fact just the odd amoeba. Geezas have been around a lot longer than you might think. Me thinks you must have far to much time on your hands to gather all those together lol
Nah. It was easy. I just have good memory and I typed “earth” in the search bar.
 
Just recalibrate my PH pen and took a reading at 9pm this evening.
20230316_210159.jpg

I have my ATU running through my Aqua Medic Kalk stirrer 24/7. I dose about 5 ltrs over 24 hours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new