???'s Surrounding Female Leopard Wrasse

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all and HapHapHappy Friday to you all.

I am hopeful that someone here has had experience with Leopard Wrasses. Reason being, I bought her on Wednesday at a LFS she is very healthy and plump and she was fed and I watch her eat.

:eek:oh: I know these types of wrasses love to bury themselves into the substrate, but how long should I wait until she is comfortable with my tank and surrounding tank mates? :eek:oh: I read somewhere that a member waited weeks on end until their came out to play.

My Fish consist of:
1-2" YellowTang
1-1" SixlineWrasse
1-2" XmasWrasse
1-2" SolarWrasse
1-3" OrangebackWrasse
2-1" Chromis

Housed in a 57 illuminata. Please any information will help with my concerns.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2-3 weeks is not uncommon.

However, a sixline in that size of a tank concerns me.

Reason being, if the leopard comes out and if there's a bully in the tank, she'll go right back into the sand for at least a day. If this cycle repeats, you can see where the outlook for the leopard is headed...

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I the sixline is very timid and friendly in MHO well at least the one I have. It has never cashed or bullied any wrasses in the tank...I have my fingers crossed. Thanks for the information "evolved" I shall get the opportunity to watch the tank mates over the weekend

BTW love your avatar lol

Reason being, if the leopard comes out and if there's a bully in the tank, she'll go right back into the sand for at least a day. If this cycle repeats, you can see where the outlook for the leopard is headed...

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely saw mine for several weeks. At least one of which I didn't see her at all. Now she's very active all over. Had her almost 2 years.

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful to hear this news!!! It really makes me very happy to know the probability of seeing my lovely addition. Thanks for the positive affirmations "k2"

I rarely saw mine for several weeks. At least one of which I didn't see her at all. Now she's very active all over. Had her almost 2 years.

chort55

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

+10000 on the whole post!

I have 3 leopards (a potters pair and a standard female). I had a black that hid for 2 weeks and ended up jumping the day I was making tops for the tank, so if you don't already have one get a top on the tank as well.

No matter what, do not go poking around in the sand trying to find it tho....ever.

OP
OP
Bubbles_B

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming that the stirring around of substrate will create the nitrates to become stirred up as well? This is all great information. Thanks "Chort55"

+10000 on the whole post!

I have 3 leopards (a potters pair and a standard female). I had a black that hid for 2 weeks and ended up jumping the day I was making tops for the tank, so if you don't already have one get a top on the tank as well.

No matter what, do not go poking around in the sand trying to find it tho....ever.

You and I both bought our wrasses around the same time glad yours is healthy as well. Appreciate the information!

I bought one on tuesday, and haven't seen it since, was healthy and eating as well. They like to hide:)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 63 28.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 47 20.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 45 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back