Sabella's 450L mixed reef build thread

Matt v madd hatter.

20220430_190415.jpg
 
What is the acro in 2nd picture? Pinkish, hairy…
All looks really nice!!!
 
What is the acro in 2nd picture? Pinkish, hairy…
All looks really nice!!!
That's actually a cherry bomb. Crazy colors on the rack there. Lost my colony, TWICE! was only able to save what's there
 
Migjt be Gutting out my largest colonys. I'll most likely take the time to share and document the entire process. Monitoring chemicals, adjusting maintenance, clearing monti cap. Nearly a complete redo in the 2 areas of my tank.

That's a 4 inch plate for reference. They will be removed in its entirety.

20220604_091551.jpg 20220604_091256.jpg 20220604_090728.jpg 20220604_091940.jpg 20220604_091109.jpg 20220604_090425.jpg 20220604_085824.jpg
 
Good luck! Just trying to make some room?
Yea to be honest man.

My tank consumes almost 4dk a day, now if I had to put two and two together, they probably completely drain almost all the available goodies in the water. If everything works out, my other stuff should benefit tremendously. Most of my time lately I've spent on just pruning them down.

I'll still have these pieces, I have hand sized colonys of each. Just opens up alot for me to get creative again.
 
Yea to be honest man.

My tank consumes almost 4dk a day, now if I had to put two and two together, they probably completely drain almost all the available goodies in the water. If everything works out, my other stuff should benefit tremendously. Most of my time lately I've spent on just pruning them down.

I'll still have these pieces, I have hand sized colonys of each. Just opens up alot for me to get creative again.
Definitely makes sense man. Gotta do it sometimes. Excited to see how it looks after and what you do with it! You going to RAP?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new