Sailfin tang acting

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nip was on the fish when I got him. No one bullies him. He Wes feeding yesterday fine. But I tried a couple of pellets and wouldn’t go for it. I just put in seaweed chips and he seems to be eating now
With no definitive outwards signs, the fact that he will eat is a big plus.
I’d just what carefully for a bit, see what, if anything, rises up.
Easy to freak this fish. 2CA2667E-09EB-4309-B7CE-611853165D98.jpeg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking at the video - the fish looks pale and thin as others have said. I'm not sure I'd say the swimming, etc is all that abnormal - but it is a change. Can you think of anything you might have done yesterday that could cause a behavior change? Add a fish, move stuff around, etc? Was the fish quarantined? I would wonder slightly about gill flukes - or a mild beginning of another infection. @Jay Hemdal?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I feed daily. Pellets and seaweed. Ammonia is 0 and salinity 1.025. Eats more than the other fish. It has it cave it usually hides in. It could be that something spooked him while I was asleep. He started to regain his color
As I stated, they startle easlily and may be so. You will suggestedly have to bump up diet in which you need more than pellets. These fish while carnivorous need fats and aminos and some foods to add are :
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina Brine shrimp
LRS herbivore diet or Fish Frenzy
Ocean Nutrition Veggie formula

Add selcon vitamins to foods occasionally

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed daily. Pellets and seaweed. Ammonia is 0 and salinity 1.025. Eats more than the other fish. It has it cave it usually hides in. It could be that something spooked him while I was asleep. He started to regain his color
I was going to suggest that tangs often look this way when the lights first came on - but the other symptoms you described didn't totally make sense

OP
OP
R

raging_bolts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the video - the fish looks pale and thin as others have said. I'm not sure I'd say the swimming, etc is all that abnormal - but it is a change. Can you think of anything you might have done yesterday that could cause a behavior change? Add a fish, move stuff around, etc? Was the fish quarantined? I would wonder slightly about gill flukes - or a mild beginning of another infection. @Jay Hemdal?
As I stated, they startle easlily and may be so. You will suggestedly have to bump up diet in which you need more than pellets. These fish while carnivorous need fats and aminos and some foods to add are :
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina Brine shrimp

Nothing everything stayed the same. Fish was normal as can be. It was quarantined

OP
OP
R

raging_bolts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mysis shrimp
Spirulina Brine shrimp

Gotcha. I forgot to add that I do feed brine shrimp as well. I will for sure feed these other foods as well

OP
OP
R

raging_bolts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to suggest that tangs often look this way when the lights first came on - but the other symptoms you described didn't totally make sense
The tang is starting to regain his color. But seems hesitant. Something might’ve frightened him while I was asleep. But I will further observe if anything else starts to pop up

Back