Sam7's 40 breeder mixed reef

That's a beautiful tank my friend. I love the high light caulastrea and variation that you have. You have a good eye, as your tank looks natural and whimsical all at once!
 
Thank you very much. I was just starting to look at some of yours and your looks darn pretty awesome
Thank you! Thanks for checking it out too. I'm trying to keep a mix of different corals because I'm so fascinated by them, Lps, Sps, Nps and softies. How old is your tank? You have excellent growth on all the corals I see.
 
Im still looking at your thread only part ways through. I think my tanks been going about 4 or 5 now i lost track lol. I have thrown out so much coral or broken pieces down or chisled down rocks because some took too much room as the corals grew. I had some big sps colonies but i chopped them out and bleached and saved them and added other corals in there place. My tank has just kept evolving over time to what it is now.
I think this'll be the path for me as well as I just stuffed that little tank with corals that are healthy and growing. Ill probably try and frag some of the anacropora and digitata and trade it into my lfs for dosing liquids or other corals. Part of the fun is a dynamic reef that changes and adapts!
 
Love the OG simplicity. Absolutely, and obviously works. Reminds me of my 1st salt tanks back in the early 80's.
Well done and an inspiration!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new