sand turning pink??

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2016
Messages
60
Reaction score
12
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

The sand in my tank is starting to get a little PINK ??

Is it a bad thing?

I tried to take a picture... it doesn't appear to be so pink but it's pinker than on the picture!

here it is!

jv16cl.jpg


Hope to hear from you soon!

thanks in advance!
 
Oh really? I'm gonna google it... how do I get rid of it?
How old is the tank? If its new its gonna go away with time as its a pretty normal when cycling a new tank. If its a established tank you tell me. Have it bad :P
 
How old is the tank? If its new its gonna go away with time as its a pretty normal when cycling a new tank. If its a established tank you tell me. Have it bad :p
I had a 55 gallons tank for almost 2 years and I decided to switch to a smaller tank (needed space lol) so i moved it to a 20gallons maybe 5 weeks...
 
Then its probably just having a mini cycle. But if I were you id read up on it if it gets worse
 
Definitely looks to be red slime to me as well. I hate that stuff with a passion. I broke down my last tank because of it. I tried to black out the lights, I tried Chemiclean, and I was doing 20 gallon water changes weekly on a 90 gallon aquarium. I just could not win the battle.

I believe my problem was that I got the tank used from individual and used the same sand. Did you use the same sand when you swapped? I think it was introduced in my system from Petco as well. I know the guy I bought the tank from took extremely good care of his tanks. He has one of the best 180 gallon mixed reef I've ever seen.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new