sand turning pink??

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

The sand in my tank is starting to get a little PINK ??

Is it a bad thing?

I tried to take a picture... it doesn't appear to be so pink but it's pinker than on the picture!

here it is!

jv16cl.jpg

Hope to hear from you soon!

thanks in advance!

OP
OP
nickloeuf

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? If its new its gonna go away with time as its a pretty normal when cycling a new tank. If its a established tank you tell me. Have it bad :p
I had a 55 gallons tank for almost 2 years and I decided to switch to a smaller tank (needed space lol) so i moved it to a 20gallons maybe 5 weeks...

salttanklife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looks to be red slime to me as well. I hate that stuff with a passion. I broke down my last tank because of it. I tried to black out the lights, I tried Chemiclean, and I was doing 20 gallon water changes weekly on a 90 gallon aquarium. I just could not win the battle.

I believe my problem was that I got the tank used from individual and used the same sand. Did you use the same sand when you swapped? I think it was introduced in my system from Petco as well. I know the guy I bought the tank from took extremely good care of his tanks. He has one of the best 180 gallon mixed reef I've ever seen.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back