Santa’s Question of the Day

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
I like Halloween and Christmas. I'm not sure I could pick one. Halloween is fun to see the kids dressed up. How could you not love a day for candy? Christmas is fun to give gifts. It truly makes me happy!

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Gotta go with Christmas. A young family starting what will be traditions for my little girls. So far they have their elf on a shelf and it's fun posing it each night when their asleep and then waking up to what mischief "Twinkle" has gotten into. A tradition that has been around in my family growing up was we opened gifts one person and one gift at time starting with the youngest family member and rotating through turns. Found out once I was an adult that my parents chose this way to stretch the festivities since some years were pretty lean on the gifts. We still do it this way even though times are better. They always made the best of what we did have.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Gotta go with Christmas. A young family starting what will be traditions for my little girls. So far they have their elf on a shelf and it's fun posing it each night when their asleep and then waking up to what mischief "Twinkle" has gotten into. A tradition that has been around in my family growing up was we opened gifts one person and one gift at time starting with the youngest family member and rotating through turns. Found out once I was an adult that my parents chose this way to stretch the festivities since some years were pretty lean on the gifts. We still do it this way even though times are better. They always made the best of what we did have.

Beautiful post JasonK84 I can relate to 'lean' Christmas' growing up and my parents had the same tradition for the same reason. Enjoy the youth of your daughters as they will be grown adults before you know it. Your post brought many good memories for me and probably many of us here. I personally, humbly thank you.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Halloween. It's a 1 day party or 3 days if you are into Día de Muertos. Whats more fun then putting on something scary and scaring the ... out of kids and their parents. Is that not why they come to my house?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Christmas! It's like everything feels warmer around that time of year
Now I like the way Crabs and Cromag Roll....But its Always been Christmas. The Festive Hustle, Bustle, Cheer and Snow. All the children big and small, The Dreams and Wonder if Santa will show
To bring them the gifts If they stay on their toes and all the Pretty Girls in dresses and bows. The reminder and wonder of what it all means and the humble knowledge that some simply wish for BEANS.

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Reefmas! Its kind of like festivas, in a sense when I get told by the wife I spend to much on my tank and get asked how much I spent I'm able to defer the question by pointing out how much I'm saving on deals. Its also basically the time between now and Christmas where I stock up on tank supplies for the year, and there are also christmas cookies, holiday beers, turkey, football games, and when it snows it usually hasn't stuck to the ground so I don't have to shovel yet.

Non selfishly, Christmas. Always great to give back! between the toys for tots programs with the Marine Reserves to giving presents to family and friends, I'm always happy to give back whenever I can! Holidays are a great time to reconnect with family and friends.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%

Back