!!!!!!SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just like christmas moving in to stores in July, vendors are constantly upping the ante. It's capitalism gone wild!

Looking forward to a BC sale though. It's been too long since I've had a box.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And here is a screen shot of exactly what I think your talking about everything is on sale it’s Black Friday

5C5BC0B9-FD2F-4837-BF93-53CF60DA921F.png

but it’s on sale!
df3371iuha041.jpg

I would need a rain check, tank is going through a funk right now and adding corals would be a waste.

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So........ What are we teaching our kids? That nothing is taken for word any more, rules are to be broken and wants come before needs. I can't wait to see how the world ends up in 50 years. Thankfully I won't be here.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about $1 and $5 corals thrown into the sale? Where we all have to fight on our keyboards to the death for a $20 coral? Then we can all complain that we didn’t get one and have to find something else cheap to make shipping worth it!

Bump

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
edit: and a side note to anyone who may have placed an order recently prior to the upcoming sale. Do not fret my good friends. You will "Hooked up" and I mean it.

Oh, I am so in for this!

For everyone else, I got an AMAZING Battlebox yesterday!
  • RR Inner Core
  • BC Grape Juice
  • Poison Envy
  • BC Sunflower Milli
  • Battle de Fuego
  • Aquatic Man Table
  • Miss Scarlett
  • Reverse Sky Parade
  • Fox Flame
AND, the frags weren't little, fresh cut nubs.

As I continue to build out my collection, you've definitely got my business.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
images-10.jpeg

I mean it! At least for a few more days. I can't help but feel like a "sale" is almost more of an indication of desperation or a means to purge otherwise negligible inventory. And these “continuous” or recurring "sales" as mere gimmicks at best, and a long con at worst. If the sale never ends how on earth is it a “sale”, other than things will be bought and “sold” in the literal sense. I mean pre-black friday pre-sale sale? Almost laughable. I think a lot of these places follow the “Everything’s always on sale, but at regular price” model like JC Pennys or whatever. I get it, the temptation for consumers to save now, as in right this second, trumps any sensible decoding of the actual vendors promise. That is the way it works. Not going to fight it or condemn it. I'll maybe get a gentle jab in every once in a while. But when I see these constant weekly or even daily sales, I can't help but wonder if maybe a lot of the times it’s a bit of both going on. This is not to say that the guy who never has sales may not be struggling as well, just that an effort to move out as much stuff as possible as cheaply as possible seems more like an act of desperation than of genuine accommodation. To me at least...

images-10.jpeg

Anyway, if you're still with me, rant will end now because I apparently I just can't seem to help announcing a sale of my own without some wordy ranty preface that is in its own right a gimmick as well, lol. And here's me doing exactly what I am making fun of, but maybe that helps me justify my participation lol.

So what I am really saying literally, is "SAVE YOUR MONEY!!" If you are thinking about placing an order with me anytime soon, just hold tight a few more days because i am once again joining the fray and doing the “Black Friday“ thing as well with no restraints. A real bonafide sale. Probably going to run it all week even. And not just a reminder that my prices are still as "slashed" as they were last week. This is the only sale I've had since last Thanksgiving. All coral on my site will be discounted including Battleboxes which in all fairness are already an excellent deal. See what I did there.

Look for an "official" thread on said cash grab, Er, I mean sale, as soon as Monday. And remember, we are always bumping this thread to win!

images-10.jpeg

edit: and a side note to anyone who may have placed an order recently prior to the upcoming sale. Do not fret my good friends. You will be "Hooked up" and I mean it.

Beautiful acros, and quite the solid reputation on here. Any chance you have an LPS battlebox you could put together?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Beautiful acros, and quite the solid reputation on here. Any chance you have an LPS battlebox you could put together?

Unfortunately, no the only LPS I have here is a 10+ year old baby's breath favia i grew out from a single head. Couldn't bring myself to get rid of it but I don't see fragging it ever really either lol

I'm pretty much 100% sps only

Last edited:

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, no the only LPS I have here is a 10+ year old baby's breath favia i grew out from a single head. Could bring myself to get rid of it but I don't see fragging it ever really either lol

I'm pretty much 100% sps only

Dang, as much as I’d love to be the one to snatch that favia I’m sure you’ve grown fond of it. I’ll reach out next year when my tank is more stable for some sticks. Have a good holiday...

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant wait will finally get my first battlebox. I laugh at those other sales with high priced nubs. Don't see how people pay that much for fresh cut nubs.

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t even have a tank anymore and YOU MADE ME WANT TO BUY!?!? TAKE MAH MONAYYYYY!! I’ll just toss em in my bathtub!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 95 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back