OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic reef and fantastic acros; can I ask you how did you eradicate these green algae?
also how do you keep your sand clean?
Thank you! My Bella Gobies keep the sand bed spotless. I also stir the sand when I do water changes every 2 weeks or so. My Tangs and Fox face all help keep any algae in check, and the Algae Turf Scrubber does the heavy lifting on keeping the algae out of the display.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how did you pair up your bella gobies? did you add them at the same one? One bigger then the other?
Yes, they are close in size, but one is a little smaller, and they took to each other right away.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I want to get a pair but I am a little concerned they will throw sand all over my lobos on the sand.
They definitely will. Mine put sand all over my Chalices and my Holy Grail Micro, but I just blow it off.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never wanted to visit Arizona, until reading this thread. Great build! You definitely know what you're doing!
Thank you and I'm glad I could inspire you to potentially come on out LOL, Like @Sisterlimonpot says it's best in the cooler months, but it actually has a lot to offer. If you've never been to the Grand Canyon, it is a life changing sight. Even during the 120 degree summer days you can drive a couple hours north and be back in the 80's in the high country... plus there's my reef tanks :)

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CC Bahama Mama Milli
CC Bahama Mama Milli.jpg

Last edited:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Low Tide on the reef during a Water Change
Low Tide.png
Good Gosh. That looks like a BIG water change. What is happening here? All the water in the sump?

Beautiful colonies!

I will trade you 7lbs of Green Bali Slimer for a chunk of the yellow colony you have there. :)
And 5 lbs of purple Aussie slimer for a bit of the colony in front of it. Fox Flame?

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Gosh. That looks like a BIG water change. What is happening here? All the water in the sump?

Beautiful colonies!

I will trade you 7lbs of Green Bali Slimer for a chunk of the yellow colony you have there. :)
And 5 lbs of purple Aussie slimer for a bit of the colony in front of it. Fox Flame?
These colonies are actually on top of a Bommie structure in the tank so they are very close to the surface. I change about 40 gallons at a time, and these ones are always exposed when I do it.

Here's and old pic from when they were frags in January of 2019
Middle 2019-01-31 (1).jpg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I take it that your response is a passive "no" on my offer of 12 lbs of slimer in exchange for the pretty bits. I am crushed.
:)

Will look you up when next in AZ but might be a while. I've stacked up more speeding tickets there (Phoenix) than anywhere else in this country and western europe combined. Might need to check my math on that but darn close.

OP
OP
Epic Aquaculture

Epic Aquaculture

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I take it that your response is a passive "no" on my offer of 12 lbs of slimer in exchange for the pretty bits. I am crushed.
:)

Will look you up when next in AZ but might be a while. I've stacked up more speeding tickets there (Phoenix) than anywhere else in this country and western europe combined. Might need to check my math on that but darn close.
LOL, I certainly appreciate the offer, but I have about 123 lbs of Slimer too! Definitely let me know next time you're in town. My 460 should have corals in it soon!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back