• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammed by armani4o3! Lost $300 Beware!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
According to his IP he is from Kansas?

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
armani4o3 you have explaining to do. Please answer the previous questions. What proof do you have of this being shipped?

Also in your thread here you stated you didnt need the 3rd pump and that you were selling it. How come you accepted more money than for one?

On reef central (in the initial hyperlink I posted) ... after questions started, he posted he had 5 somehow. The RC mods asked him the same question publicly but the thread was closed.

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well how can I hear from you if I was booted

as for vortechs sold look at all my post the one was brand new buyer left feed back on the post and there was another guy who bought one on the cleaning out the basement post it think he was also happy and another one was sold on another site

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and for the post on here about the 3rd pump that's right I also got 2 more in a tank break down I bought the whole system for the coral and I also broke down one of my tanks that had 2 in it that would make 5

item was shipped via usps med flat rate box I did not get delivery con on it as I never had this problem b4 just ship flat rate box and all is well

as for proof what proof do we have that he doesn't have it sitting there and just wants his cash back quick to point out the seller what if the buyer is the bad guy I have good feed back on all sites I am on and everyone that has delt with me was always happy so you decide

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well how can I hear from you if I was booted

as for vortechs sold look at all my post the one was brand new buyer left feed back on the post and there was another guy who bought one on the cleaning out the basement post it think he was also happy and another one was sold on another site

that has nothing to do with these 2 ppl that didnt get what they paid for.

and for the post on here about the 3rd pump that's right I also got 2 more in a tank break down I bought the whole system for the coral and I also broke down one of my tanks that had 2 in it that would make 5

item was shipped via usps med flat rate box I did not get delivery con on it as I never had this problem b4 just ship flat rate box and all is well

as for proof what proof do we have that he doesn't have it sitting there and just wants his cash back quick to point out the seller what if the buyer is the bad guy I have good feed back on all sites I am on and everyone that has delt with me was always happy so you decide

either way they can do a trace on the package.
you say you shipped it well lets see a receipt.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Show the receipt - or refund the $$.

If you didn't "save" the receipt, then you probably just need to refund, regardless of whether you actually shipped or not.

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 plus 2 plus the new in the box one is 5 go do ur homework b4 you post some dumbness

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a quote from the RC thread i've posted about the matter... You were banned from PM if I remember correctly. Not from the whole site. Yet there is no response to that thread.

Well, he's not willing to trust you, even though you were willing to trust him, with your money. I'd say that 2 weeks is plenty long. If he really did send you the item, and 2 weeks later, it hasn't arrived, you're still out your money. He, as the seller, had the responsibility to insure the item, and mail it appropriately.

You've paid for an item that you haven't received. He's received payment for an item that he says he's shipped. You can prove you paid...can he prove he shipped?

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can't give me any kind of proof. Then I'm calling your local police dept. You won't even give me the name of the facility if was shipped from or the date.

Either that or issue a refund, Pay the 3% fee, and I give you my word publicly I will send you the pump back if it ever gets here. That's the only option I have. I see you're online and looking at the thread right now... let me know.

The box will be unopened return to sender. You have my word.

Last edited:

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky i saved his facebook page with all his info and picture... He either deleted it or made the whole profile secret.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Man this is so frustrating. I have all the pm's from you I will gladly disclose if that time has to come. "correct that will get 2 day shipping and insured "... do you remember sending me that? I received that on 9/1/10

SWINGRRRR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 plus 2 plus the new in the box one is 5 go do ur homework b4 you post some dumbness
But your ad said it was 4 months old. 2 in a tank breakdown, 2 that you had, and NOW a BNIB one? But what about the 4 month old one? So all together you had 6 to sell?
Im not trying to argue, just stating what I am seeing.

ccombs, if I were you, Id drop of this on-line stuff. But ofcourse at the same time Id be planning a trip to Reading PA if you get my drift. $300 or $30, this guy needs a lesson.

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW really.. even flat rate shipp has a tracking # doesn't it.. even USPS gives you a tracking number..
on a package right?!?!

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some good info on internet fraud and what to do. The dollar amount does not matter either.

The Internet Fraud FAQ

Bottom line is if he took your money and cannot give proof that he sent the item then he needs to refund money or will be charged.

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok looks like everone puts me out to be the bad guy i did ship his pump!
as being a good seller here is what im gonna do for this guy i will look for the sale slip when i get home weather i find it or not i will contact the usps about his package and see what happened.... now we all know the usps are not the fastest ppl they will tell me they will look into it and get back to me.
what ever the out come maybe weather it got lost was given to him or sitting in a wharehouse somewhere i will wait to see what answer i get from them and if unable to locate the item i will give him a full refund no later than 9-23-10 i give my word but i want what he wants to get this all figured out but in the same time i mightbe out the cash and the pump a lose lose for the seller and a win win for the buyer but leason learned here get the buyer to pay the 3% and always get tracking info does this sound fair to everyone i just want to make sure i dont get burned and he gets his cash and a free pump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 32 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back