• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Scammed by armani4o3! Lost $300 Beware!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anotheraddiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the problem might be you are asking for info. in a whole paragraph, I think he is getting confused lol so just for you armoni403 I am going to ask it in a very simple way! you know, kind of like a test in 1st grade!

1. What location (post office) was the package shipped from?
2. What was the date you shipped the package?

reefsmokinFOOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
armani403, i work for USPS. If you did not get delivery conformation or get it insured. Either option only cost $2.50 to $4.00,you are out of luck guy. It is hard for me to fathom that you are so cheap as to skip out on the 3%,i can kinda understand but the 2.50 to 4.00 i cannot. By you skipping out on all protection options for you and the buyer you have intern exposed yourself to the worst possible scenario. Do not blame the buyer for being upset, blame yourself for being so cheap. Like the ol sayin,an ounce of prevention is worth a pund of cure.

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
armani403, i work for USPS. If you did not get delivery conformation or get it insured. Either option only cost $2.50 to $4.00,you are out of luck guy. It is hard for me to fathom that you are so cheap as to skip out on the 3%,i can kinda understand but the 2.50 to 4.00 i cannot. By you skipping out on all protection options for you and the buyer you have intern exposed yourself to the worst possible scenario. Do not blame the buyer for being upset, blame yourself for being so cheap. Like the ol sayin,an ounce of prevention is worth a pund of cure.

+1 I think this thread is a HUGE lesson learned for all buyers AND sellers.

ronnie

Acro addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think the gift payment should be a red flag for all buyers. This form of payment offers no option to chargeback or dispute, as it was intended as a "gift"

Some hard fast rules for buying on any forum:

1. Always use paypal
2. Always use a Credit Card. Not your debit or direct from your checking/savings account
3. Always request a tracking number - this is for everyones benefit.
4. Don't use gift - pay the extra 3 percent if the seller is that cheap (or the item(s) are expensive. When I have to pay the 3 %, I take that into consideration when I'm offering others any amount.

This thread is a good example of several of these rules not being followed - this will likely result in the buyer(s) not receiving their items or their money back.

Also - not everyone is bad. Don't let a bad apple like this discourage you from buying from reefers - the majority of us are pretty standup guys and gals and will bend over backwards to help.

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so lets get this right all this time and you have not contacted the post office?
and you have no receipt from usps?
and you told another guy that you never even shipped this guy his hmmmmm sounds like blantent fraud to me.
care to start producing more and prove me wrong?

floridareef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't $600 a felony? I have shipped a lot of corals and have had my share of people out for a freebee "especially on -bay" who claimed it was not what they purchased or it was doa on arrival. The bottom line is that paypal 90 percent of the time will will award the dispute to the buyer, no matter what info, pictures, tracking numbers ect. you provide. Trust me I have been there and done that. It sucks that one company is the route for most of our online transactions. Unfortunatly we all know that there are people that are the "pond sucking scum" of the earth out there and you must take every precaution necessary to make sure the transaction goes as planned. Take ronnie's advice and I hope this issue gets resolved. Mabey there should be a wanted "dead or alive" thread for people that take advantage of the honest people on r2r.

Peace

Breakin Newz

WINNING!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy, I just noticed I know this cat.. He came over my house to pick up a birdnest colony I was selling a few months back, but that facebook picture does not look like him from what I can remember..........

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crazy, I just noticed I know this cat.. He came over my house to pick up a birdnest colony I was selling a few months back, but that facebook picture does not look like him from what I can remember..........

This was off his Facebook page. I guess he deleted it because I cannot pull it up anymore. I saved this just in case he did that!

Attachments

• Will Becker- Vortech Scam.jpg
    Will Becker- Vortech Scam.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 224
OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest kick I've gotten was on his face book... he said: I don't understand why people on food stamps drive esclades. Probably best he deleted the whole profile. Shady how he made the whole thing disappear.

SWINGRRRR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't $600 a felony?

No. In FL any theft of $300 or more, or certain items no matter what the value is a felony. Cars, firearms, fire extinguishers. A $100 junk car, still felony. But different states have different laws. I am sure their states have an adaptation of Florida Communications Fraud Act. Google 817.034 for info. If it were my case I would condsider this a fraud, but not all frauds are felonies.
If you could prove that he worked with 2 or more people, then you get in to Conspiracy!! Homeland Security Stuff can come into play then and he'd be really screwed. (Old RICO stuff if you've ever heard of that.)

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. In FL any theft of $300 or more, or certain items no matter what the value is a felony. Cars, firearms, fire extinguishers. A $100 junk car, still felony. But different states have different laws. I am sure their states have an adaptation of Florida Communications Fraud Act. Google 817.034 for info. If it were my case I would condsider this a fraud, but not all frauds are felonies.
If you could prove that he worked with 2 or more people, then you get in to Conspiracy!! Homeland Security Stuff can come into play then and he'd be really screwed. (Old RICO stuff if you've ever heard of that.)

lol RiCO wouldn't come into play with this situation :p c'mon man.

SWINGRRRR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol RiCO wouldn't come into play with this situation :p c'mon man.

I could make it work, with the right SAO. ;) On RC someone just posted that the sold 2 more to someone on Manhattan Reefers. So that’s at least 3 states hes pulled the scam in. Supposedly there’s another guy that ccombs talked to on the phone that bought one as well, but I haven’t seen him post. I don’t know what state he’s in.
You see, when he does it in enough states, it becomes a crime against the people of the country, not just a single person/victim. We are all victims no matter where he is at.
The problem would be finding an ambitious SAO to take the case. Being that its only $300, or say $1500 or so total, it would be hard. When he hits the $10,000 mark, people will take more notice. The small amount stolen is the brick wall in this situation.
And I know its far fetched, but it could happen.
But to agree, to a degree, its not exactly RICO. But alot of the newer conspiracy, crimes against the state, etc have the basis in RICO. It was fourmed for mobsters, just like Patriot Act was focused on terrorist, but it still applies to everyone. Hes commited a fraud, and several acts within a ten year period.
I could see his defense attorney arguing jurisdiction, but the SAO will counter with long-arm, obvious. He posted the ad for sale on the internet which brought open offers to negotiate. I’m sure they would, but just make sure the SAO uses the term “continuous criminal enterprise†in the opening statements and you are golden. That term seems to have a big impact on jurors.

I’m not a lawyer, but I have been in Law Enforcement for 10 years.

Sorry my post is so big. I copied and pasted to spellcheck and then its all big!!!

Last edited:

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok first off the ones on mr ppl recived the pumps and that post is over a month old
2 mp40's f/s - Manhattan Reefs
look at the date u ppl are blowing this way up its funny tho

here is a guy that got his on rc he pm me on another site due to being booted
and his question about the pump in pulse mode as far as i know ecotech took care of it
gasbatalla said:
Sucks to see what happened to you on RC. Just wanted to let you know I got the Vortech on saturday, everything is fine thanks. Just one problem when I try to run the pump on short pulse and trying to set the pulse frequency the driver restarts and doesn't let me do anything. Did you had this problem? Have you heard of it? What can we do? So far all other modes are working fine.
he has the same name on rc pm him and ask him
also look up my name on rc and see the post for the nib mp40 the buyer left good feed back at the end of the post

all the site he posted this on ppl have said they have delt with me and had no problems this is the only one.
i have been to the usps and we figured out what happen to the pumps not getting to these two guys it was a lable error on my part.if you would like the whole story i will share it but i have pm both to get this ended today but no reply ccombs asked for a refund and not the pump he will get his money with in the hour i will post the thing from paypal for the other guy i have yet to see him post on any of the 5 sites ccombs has posted this his package was re labled right there and on the box he wil see the old lable riped off and his address was wrote on with a marker at the usps it is gonna be at his door on sat but he need to sign for it and it is insured for 275 he paid 280 so i dont know where u ppl came up with $600
signature con # 2305 1590 0000 4756 6720
insured # vb 165 382 479 us
like i said from the start i was not trying to rip these guys off i just wanted to know where the pumps were and i gave my word and todays date that if unable to locate i would give a full refund and i have kept my word u ppl tryed to make me look like a crook and from the start i said they were shipped and they were so some time the guy in the hot seat is really telling the truth but i have learned a little from all this always get a tracking number to back up ur story and just get the buyer to pay the 3 percent if anyone else would like to add to this please do but i have given all that has been asked and held up my end as a seller

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Original Transaction Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net Aug 31, 2010Payment From Cody combs Refunded Details $300.00 USD $0.00 USD $300.00 USD
Related Transaction Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net Sep 16, 2010Refund Completed ...-$300.00 USD $0.00 USD -$300.00 USD

Sent to:
Cody combs Email:
[email protected]al Amount:
-$300.00 USDFee amount:
$0.00 USDNet amount:
-$300.00 USD

Date:
Sep 16, 2010Time:
08:48:32 PDTStatus:
Completed
Subject:
You have sent $300.00 USD to Cody combs with PayPal

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's all I wanted. Don't expect a pat on the back for it. It took this much to get you to do it. So the whole time it was the post office's fault? Glad you found out what THEY did with BOTH pumps. What a frigging headache. NEVER again am I doing anything without the fees... lesson learned.

armani4o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on both ends ccombs!
so r2r members some times ppl do tell the truth and things do work out but thanks to all the haters for givin me a small change to explain my side b4 pre judgement

OP
OP
C

ccombs70

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 23 messages saved that I sent you before all this happened. That doesn't include the paypal money request or the mods on RC contacting you for me. You were on plenty of times since... you were pm'ing saltwater coral and Jackie Blue after the two of us had already paid. They pm'd me saying they appreciated the heads up. You told them you still had pumps for sale. I had sent pm's BEFORE you had sent them your offer. BEFORE you got banned from anything. That was the evening before you got banned. Hadn't heard from you since that evening.

The only reason I'm wasting more time on you is for everyone else. You can't clear your name that easy. You disappeared. Still have shown no proof of ever having the pumps. I could care less what your excuse is or what made up story you have. I guess you learned the hard way about turning stuff for profit. DON'T SELL IT UNLESS YOU HAVE IT. Be a man and face when you screw up. A refund A LONG time ago would have fixed this. Instead you ignored the problem.

danka-cedium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on both ends ccombs!
so r2r members some times ppl do tell the truth and things do work out but thanks to all the haters for givin me a small change to explain my side b4 pre judgement
I am not sure, but I dont believe, "pre judgement" is a word/phrase. Sorry G.
Hope I dont get 187'd !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back