• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Scape A or B?

http://www.marcorocks.com/

Scape A or B

• Total voters
Best reef aquarium LED lighting

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
How many and which sides is tank visible from ?

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
I agree A is better lower height allows for better coral growth
Maybe.. but for A I love the contrast in height. If you were to lower B down it would make them similar. In all honesty I think right now I wouldnt be crazy worried about the technicality of the rock work. i think you are off to a great start with determining what you want. Don’t be so focused on what happens in the picture more of what you want your rock work to achieve... what i have gathered so far is that you want:

- 2 islands (great idea)
- you want a swim through between the two islands
- you want the rock work to accommodate that of a mixed reef
-you want the rock work high enough to accommodate higher light demanding corals.

I may be wrong here but this is just what I have observed :)

OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Maybe.. but for A I love the contrast in height. If you were to lower B down it would make them similar. In all honesty I think right now I wouldnt be crazy worried about the technicality of the rock work. i think you are off to a great start with determining what you want. Don’t be so focused on what happens in the picture more of what you want your rock work to achieve... what i have gathered so far is that you want:

- 2 islands (great idea)
- you want a swim through between the two islands
- you want the rock work to accommodate that of a mixed reef
-you want the rock work high enough to accommodate higher light demanding corals.

I may be wrong here but this is just what I have observed :)
pretty much on the dot, I went into more detail in my build thread for this tank https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/peach02s-slice-of-ocean.635782/page-2#post-6381086

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
As tank is visible.from 3 sides it might be best to have one scape lower than the other and if.pissible to offset them front to back so u see the most of the scape and corals regardless from.where ur looking.

http://www.marcorocks.com/

Which do you prefer?

• A few LARGE, not as colorful less expensive, coral colonies filling your tank

Votes: 118 38.6%
  • A lot of TINY, but very colorful more expensive, frags covering the rock

Votes: 137 44.8%
  • Other (please explain in thread)

Votes: 51 16.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
TheCoralConnect.com