Scopas tang behaviour

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a scopas tang last weekend, looks healthy and does eat (when it floats past him)

However, he just hides in the corner of the overflow 90% of the time. I have seen him cruise around the whole tank and in and out of the swim throughs etc so I don't know why he now hides away.

If I clean the glass he goes absolutely mental.

Tank is 5ft so has the swimming space and only other fish are 2 clowns which hang out next to him on occasion.

Anyone got any tips?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a scopas tang last weekend, looks healthy and does eat (when it floats past him)

However, he just hides in the corner of the overflow 90% of the time. I have seen him cruise around the whole tank and in and out of the swim throughs etc so I don't know why he now hides away.

If I clean the glass he goes absolutely mental.

Tank is 5ft so has the swimming space and only other fish are 2 clowns which hang out next to him on occasion.

Anyone got any tips?
He’s probably still acclimating to the tank. Id recommend trying to feed algae or getting some “Dither” fish. I have found only two-three fish total will often have them all go into hiding whereas if you have 6-7 fish total it helps the others feel more secure.

OP
OP
Kial

Kial

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s probably still acclimating to the tank. Id recommend trying to feed algae or getting some “Dither” fish. I have found only two-three fish total will often have them all go into hiding whereas if you have 6-7 fish total it helps the others feel more secure.
Got a nori clip in there. It does get picked at occasionally. Yeah I was thinking maybe that could be a reason, as the clowns only really come out and swim up to me for food. Need some more social fish to tempt him out or something

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back