• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Screen corner overhang

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking to build a screen top for my tank, I’m wondering if there is anybody building screen frame corners with the overhang/flange on it, like what Neat aquatics makes. I’m looking for something that would fit standard 5/16” screen frame. I’d prefer to use this opposed to the clips because my water level is fairly high in my tank and afraid the clips might set the screen too low. Thanks

2DC8FF43-F193-403A-944C-E2D85411393C.png

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I used to build my top and I love it. I decided to go this path after one of the custom acrylic top makers screwed me over. This kit is made by innovative marine.

1627965688292.png

I don't know what your tank and overflow or lighting situation is, but on mine, I made 3 separate pieces so that the main front piece was easier to remove and I didn't have to design as many angles and turns. The other thing I added was a 3D printed feeder to cover the remaining area around my feeder. I have a 6 line so I didn't want to risk any jumping opportunities. The cons to this design is that it does block light in those areas. For a mixed reef for me, it was actually helpful because I was able to diversify where I could place corals ie. LPS higher up near SPS. Marine depot also used to just sell the corners and I bought 2 larger kits and cut to size myself. I just looked on BRS and I couldn't find it.

PXL_20210803_041506579.jpg

PXL_20210803_041534215.jpg

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what I used to build my top and I love it. I decided to go this path after one of the custom acrylic top makers screwed me over. This kit is made by innovative marine.

1627965688292.png

I don't know what your tank and overflow or lighting situation is, but on mine, I made 3 separate pieces so that the main front piece was easier to remove and I didn't have to design as many angles and turns. The other thing I added was a 3D printed feeder to cover the remaining area around my feeder. I have a 6 line so I didn't want to risk any jumping opportunities. The cons to this design is that it does block light in those areas. For a mixed reef for me, it was actually helpful because I was able to diversify where I could place corals ie. LPS higher up near SPS. Marine depot also used to just sell the corners and I bought 2 larger kits and cut to size myself. I just looked on BRS and I couldn't find it.

PXL_20210803_041506579.jpg

PXL_20210803_041534215.jpg
Thanks for the info, I might be looking into something like that, I have 3 cutouts, 2 for lights and 1 for internal overflow. Do you know if I can buy corner pieces separately so I can make those cutouts?

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, I might be looking into something like that, I have 3 cutouts, 2 for lights and 1 for internal overflow. Do you know if I can buy corner pieces separately so I can make those cutouts?
They used to sell just the corners on marine depot. I couldn't find it on brs, but maybe do an internet search or calling innovative marine directly? Other option is to 3D print them

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neat aquatics are back ordered on BRS. I was hoping to see if someone could 3D print them. I don’t have a printer or would even know where to start if I did have one.

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah they should be super easy to print. Really just need some dimensions. Let me know if you have dimensions and if I have time, I can try to draw something out - you need to know what rails you'll be using. You can also try looking on thingaverse for already designed ones.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back