Sea Goblin, Mr. Freaks

  • Thread starter Thread starter lion king
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Do you know if sea goblins will eat fish like the Lubbock’s fairy wrasse or a fish that uses the sand to sleep (Halichoeres iridis and Halichoeres Chloropterus)
 
Do you know if sea goblins will eat fish like the Lubbock’s fairy wrasse or a fish that uses the sand to sleep (Halichoeres iridis and Halichoeres Chloropterus)
The specific sea goblin I’m wondering about is Iminicus filamentosus
 
Do you know if sea goblins will eat fish like the Lubbock’s fairy wrasse or a fish that uses the sand to sleep (Halichoeres iridis and Halichoeres Chloropterus)

If the size is right, definitely. They strike like a crocodile from the buried position. The onenI have now is a bout 5", from what I've observed they get to about 7-8" in captivity. At mature size they will eat a 3-4" wrasse easily. Slender body fish are especially risky with they type of fish.
 
If the size is right, definitely. They strike like a crocodile from the buried position. The onenI have now is a bout 5", from what I've observed they get to about 7-8" in captivity. At mature size they will eat a 3-4" wrasse easily. Slender body fish are especially risky with they type of fish.
Okay, thanks! I’m going to ignore the iminicus filamentosus my LFS has in then because I would rather have my 7 wrasse (The one my LFS has at the moment is Atleast 2-3” but I still won’t risk it). Especially since the cheapest wrasse I have was £30 and the most expensive was £50
 
Very similar fish, the one I have seems to be collected more frequently. They are obviously related, just from different regions.
Yeah, they’re interesting with their personality but I would rather have them in a tank like yours (It’s a very nice tank by the way)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new