Sea Goblin, Mr. Freaks

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if sea goblins will eat fish like the Lubbock’s fairy wrasse or a fish that uses the sand to sleep (Halichoeres iridis and Halichoeres Chloropterus)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if sea goblins will eat fish like the Lubbock’s fairy wrasse or a fish that uses the sand to sleep (Halichoeres iridis and Halichoeres Chloropterus)
The specific sea goblin I’m wondering about is Iminicus filamentosus

OP
OP
lion king

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If the size is right, definitely. They strike like a crocodile from the buried position. The onenI have now is a bout 5", from what I've observed they get to about 7-8" in captivity. At mature size they will eat a 3-4" wrasse easily. Slender body fish are especially risky with they type of fish.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the size is right, definitely. They strike like a crocodile from the buried position. The onenI have now is a bout 5", from what I've observed they get to about 7-8" in captivity. At mature size they will eat a 3-4" wrasse easily. Slender body fish are especially risky with they type of fish.
Okay, thanks! I’m going to ignore the iminicus filamentosus my LFS has in then because I would rather have my 7 wrasse (The one my LFS has at the moment is Atleast 2-3” but I still won’t risk it). Especially since the cheapest wrasse I have was £30 and the most expensive was £50

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very similar fish, the one I have seems to be collected more frequently. They are obviously related, just from different regions.
Yeah, they’re interesting with their personality but I would rather have them in a tank like yours (It’s a very nice tank by the way)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back