Sea horse help!!! Fuge??

Lucasuka5006011

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2020
Messages
170
Reaction score
133
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, so I’m setting up a seahorse tank but don’t have space in my sump for a fuge? Is there any alternatives ? Do I really need a fuge? Is there any other way to colonize pods with out it that’s sufficient for the sea horses ?
 
I have the tank cycling now so still nothing inside the tank yet , I was thinking of getting one of these to help keep the tank clean and so I can make sure they’re eating

3BAA1C34-A333-4F9A-810E-6CCC68E8ABEB.png
 
I have a feeding tray for my seahorses. They don't always use them. And you have to clean it after or else it will smell. (If feed tray has tube)
 
I have a feeding tray for my seahorses. They don't always use them. And you have to clean it after or else it will smell. (If feed tray has tube)
what do you mean by a tube ?
 
what do you mean by a tube ?
some of the trays have a clear 1” tube so frozen food falls into it from the top
..If you get your ponies from a reputable source like Alyssa or Dan they will be trained already...
...you. might want to consider softies, duncan’s, sun corals: Seahorses are messy eaters: particles fly everywhere
 
some of the trays have a clear 1” tube so frozen food falls into it from the top
..If you get your ponies from a reputable source like Alyssa or Dan they will be trained already...
...you. might want to consider softies, duncan’s, sun corals: Seahorses are messy eaters: particles fly everywhere
Yeah I’m definitely looking into what coral I can do for the tank , also what kind of cleanup crew I can do
 
I went with total basic and haven't had a problem. Knock on wood. I clean the food every night that is on the sand and I do 10-20% water changes every week. But mine are still small
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new