SeaDweller's Progress Shots

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@drawman and @Rick5, is it OK that we squat here on @SeaDweller 's build thread while he/she is away?

Maybe we trade recipes or something? Tips & tricks on getting a C19 vaccine? Proper tire inflation protocols according to the season? What do you think?
I’ve heard paint by numbers is a good way to pass long intervals of time. Y’all will be able to decorate an entire room waiting on @SeaDweller and @bubbaques threads

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@drawman and @Rick5, is it OK that we squat here on @SeaDweller 's build thread while he/she is away?

Maybe we trade recipes or something? Tips & tricks on getting a C19 vaccine? Proper tire inflation protocols according to the season? What do you think?
Well I just fired up my new pizza oven for the first time yesterday so let's get these recipes goin. Might as well make use of this thread!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just fired up my new pizza oven for the first time yesterday so let's get these recipes goin. Might as well make use of this thread!
I am so jealous it makes me need to pee.

Wood burning? Indoor or out? Nebraska, I am going to guess indoor.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so jealous it makes me need to pee.

Wood burning? Indoor or out? Nebraska, I am going to guess indoor.
So I got a wood fired one from my groomsmen for my wedding about 5 years ago but quickly realized it doesn't work for a windy apartment balcony. So I bought a propane fired one (Ooni Koda 12) for Black Friday and finally got to test it out this last weekend. It will take some work to perfect (and not burn) but it has great potential for neapolitan pizza! Used my sourdough starter for the crust too which turned out really well.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just unboxed this baby
C982B487-423C-40C0-B8F7-628F89119830.jpeg

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just unboxed this baby
C982B487-423C-40C0-B8F7-628F89119830.jpeg
Hopefully you will never need it again. But I bet those are selling like hotcakes down there after that sheetstorm. I didn't know they had trifuel in that size. That is very cool. Do you have natural gas?

We lose power very frequently and I used to travel all the time so we went standby 30KW. Runs everything but two AC condensers. Buried a monster propane tank that will run it for about 2 weeks full time. (At least according to my math; 10 days was our longest outage). Saved us countless times.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a wood fired one from my groomsmen for my wedding about 5 years ago but quickly realized it doesn't work for a windy apartment balcony. So I bought a propane fired one (Ooni Koda 12) for Black Friday and finally got to test it out this last weekend. It will take some work to perfect (and not burn) but it has great potential for neapolitan pizza! Used my sourdough starter for the crust too which turned out really well.
It is all about the crust. Is sourdough the common dough for making neapolitan? Interesting.

When I was in high school I worked at a pizza chain and latched onto the dough making role. Loved it. Ended up making dough for the other stores as well.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess we can just use @SeaDweller 's thread as a chat room while we wait for an update.

I am tinkering with my new ATI Stratons today. What are you guys doing?
Boy. I am replying to my own posts now. I should get another job or something.

I did actually hang the Stratons over my display and the corals are digging it apparently as my ALK consumption has gone up over the last two weeks >10% and likely for another uptick on the DOS pretty soon. This is them dialing down around 35% at this hour. I am still at the midpoint of my aquascape reboot. Left is done. Middle and right to come.

51580.jpg

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you will never need it again. But I bet those are selling like hotcakes down there after that sheetstorm. I didn't know they had trifuel in that size. That is very cool. Do you have natural gas?

We lose power very frequently and I used to travel all the time so we went standby 30KW. Runs everything but two AC condensers. Buried a monster propane tank that will run it for about 2 weeks full time. (At least according to my math; 10 days was our longest outage). Saved us countless times.
30kW and it doesn’t power your A/C?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30kW and it doesn’t power your A/C?
Yeah, I know people with smaller engines than my 2.4 liter Cummins that run whole house. The installer denies this, but I think they used to wrong gauge wire, so it is only good for 200amp service. On the bright side, the load is minimal so the rpms and the noise are low. I can hear the neighbors generator over mine. The thing is screaming.

It does run 2 out of four AC condensers and all the air handlers. As long as my office and my bedroom are cool, I'm good enough. This ain't Texas.

Charlie’s Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know people with smaller engines than my 2.4 liter Cummins that run whole house. The installer denies this, but I think they used to wrong gauge wire, so it is only good for 200amp service. On the bright side, the load is minimal so the rpms and the noise are low. I can hear the neighbors generator over mine. The thing is screaming.

It does run 2 out of four AC condensers and all the air handlers. As long as my office and my bedroom are cool, I'm good enough. This ain't Texas.
Gotcha
I was told 10kW should run just about everything bc my house is small with just one A/C unit. But you’re right, hopefully I’ll never have to find out

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is all about the crust. Is sourdough the common dough for making neapolitan? Interesting.

When I was in high school I worked at a pizza chain and latched onto the dough making role. Loved it. Ended up making dough for the other stores as well.
No I think I'm in the far minority with the sourdough but the result is great when you get the hydration right. I make a lot of sourdough bread and sourdough detroit style pizza so it just gives me one more reason to use my starter. You're right though dough can be simple but also challenging I've been making pizza for a solid 20 years and I'm still getting better at it.

I did actually hang the Stratons over my display and the corals are digging it apparently as my ALK consumption has gone up over the last two weeks >10% and likely for another uptick on the DOS pretty soon. This is them dialing down around 35% at this hour. I am still at the midpoint of my aquascape reboot. Left is done. Middle and right to come.

51580.jpg
Tank looks great Scott!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I think I'm in the far minority with the sourdough but the result is great when you get the hydration right. I make a lot of sourdough bread and sourdough detroit style pizza so it just gives me one more reason to use my starter. You're right though dough can be simple but also challenging I've been making pizza for a solid 20 years and I'm still getting better at it.

Tank looks great Scott!
Thanks Tim. Work in progress. Actually trying to figure out a treatment plan for chrysophytes right now. Not that it is killing anything, just a pain to look at and a pain to syphon out. Oh well.

Man, SeaDweller really left us hanging in suspense with that promise of an update with "the good and the bad".

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

51580.jpg
Look at that light spread!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at that light spread!
The PAR meter agrees; very smooth cover. Running peak equivalent to my old 8 X 80 watt Sunpower, around 425-450 top of rock with flow turned on. The units are running at 70% so I have some room to bump up. Just letting everyone adjust to the different spectrum first.

Rick5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PAR meter agrees; very smooth cover. Running peak equivalent to my old 8 X 80 watt Sunpower, around 425-450 top of rock with flow turned on. The units are running at 70% so I have some room to bump up. Just letting everyone adjust to the different spectrum first.

I like it and I like your tank. I also like the footprint of the fixtures and the fact that you’re comparing them (even if it’s only PAR) to a sunpower. I still think ATI fixtures are the gold standard in terms of T5 and a serious rival to the highly coveted halide (although I still love the Phoenix 14k).

Back