seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very nicely done!

Thanks!

The purple tilefish is now in the tank. Stays hidden in the back a lot, but come out exploring every so often. He doesn't come out to eat, but when I squirt mysis by him he seems to eat. It looks like he cut himself on a rock or a fish bit him on the first night. He has a clean little cut on his side that's about 1/3 of an inch. It looks like it's healing though. Hopefully he'll get braver and make a den somewhere soon.

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The tilefish's cut has healed. He's still little shy, but hen he comes out he's just gorgeous. I am kind of worried that he might be blind! He's really bad about finding food, but will eat it if it's right in front of his face sometimes. I tried to feed him a small piece of silverside and he wasn't afraid of my hand one bit. He actually swam into it and then acted startled. So I dunno what to think. He is looking a little skinny, so I'm starting to worry.
P9221035.jpg

Anyway, some photos I took the other day.
One of my favorite acans.
P9221042.jpg

Can't wait for these zoas to grow out. Got them earlier this summer and they've already gone from 2 polyps to 9.
P9221040.jpg

Appleberry monti. Such a cool coral. Bright green base with purple/blue polyps.
P9221041.jpg

I was a little afraid my mandarin wouldn't find enough to eat since the tank hasn't been set up for that long, but nope, he's a real fatty!
P9221034.jpg

Look at that belly!
P9221033.jpg

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear about the fish, i hope he comes around for you. everything else is looking great!

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So excited! I fed today and the tilefish ate a lot! He ate mysis and even pieces of frozen formula two! He looked like he could actually see the food today. :)
He does get a little afraid when all the other fish start swarming him to get to the food too, so I have to try and distract the other fish on one side of the tank and feed him in the other. Darn anthias are little piranhas!

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks! I have a corky finger gorgonia I got from the Keys last year in a different tank and my dad has some in his tank. He's actually going to make a tank of only things he collects himself like gorgonians, blue reef chromis, chalk basslets, hamlets, macro algaes, neon gobies, and yellow bellied coral banded shrimp. We caught most of them on our recent trip to the Keys. I wanted this tank to be mainly SPS. Just going for a different look.

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Sara, tank looks awesome. You have really good taste in corals and fish. I looked on ebay to see if I could find those led strips, but there are so many different kinds. Anything I can use to narrow my search? ygpm btw.

Coral Keeper

Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have a corky finger gorgonia I got from the Keys last year in a different tank and my dad has some in his tank. He's actually going to make a tank of only things he collects himself like gorgonians, blue reef chromis, chalk basslets, hamlets, macro algaes, neon gobies, and yellow bellied coral banded shrimp. We caught most of them on our recent trip to the Keys. I wanted this tank to be mainly SPS. Just going for a different look.
Ah, gotcha. Do you have pictures of those tanks? :bigsmile:

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ah, gotcha. Do you have pictures of those tanks? :bigsmile:

lol. Well the one tank hasn't been set up yet. The fish are still in QT and will be for a while. Seems like any fish we get from the Keys always get a bad bout of ick.

Here's my gorgonia:
P9201023.jpg

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh and update on the tilefish: he's doing really good! He's out and about all the time and eats a lot. :)

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you rfish is doing well, I had actually thought about getting one for my tank, saw a beauty on divers den or collectors corner maybe, but they are known to have trouble starting to eat in captivity. It would seem you are home free with him.
Oh and..
Hey Sara, tank looks awesome. You have really good taste in corals and fish. I looked on ebay to see if I could find those led strips, but there are so many different kinds. Anything I can use to narrow my search? ygpm btw.
lol

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Glad you rfish is doing well, I had actually thought about getting one for my tank, saw a beauty on divers den or collectors corner maybe, but they are known to have trouble starting to eat in captivity. It would seem you are home free with him.
Oh and..

lol

Oh, I'm sorry! I guess I missed that for some reason. ygpm

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks! I need to take some new pictures. I'm taking down my 45 gallon and put most of those corals into the 150. It looks packed now!

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here're some recent photos.

FTS
PC071501.jpg

PC071502.jpg

PC071503.jpg

PC071504.jpg

My new fork-tail blenny.
PC071506.jpg

PC071508.jpg

Purple tilefish. He's doing great.
PC071511.jpg

Blue/green echinata
PC071512.jpg

Shades of Fall
PC071513.jpg

Lithophyllon
PC071514.jpg

Wild purple acro
PC071515.jpg

Desalwii acro
PC071517.jpg

OP
OP
seafansar

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some growth shots.

Earlier this summer.
Nightmares
P9221040.jpg

BGM
P8230731.jpg

Jedi Mindtrick
P8070521.jpg

Now
PB291496.jpg

PB291495.jpg

PB291497.jpg

And yes I know I have aiptasia. Been trying to kill them with Aiptasia-X.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back