Seasons greeting montipora

Just posting an update since the last picture, this morning the dead section on the monti spread further down, at this point what do you suggest I do? Will fragging off the dead section help save him? Thank you!
 
Just posting an update since the last picture, this morning the dead section on the monti spread further down, at this point what do you suggest I do? Will fragging off the dead section help save him? Thank you!
Any advice?
 
DO NOT take my word for gospel. I am a fledgling amateur as well.

I would break off the bad, and put it at the bottom under lower light, 80-100 par until it healed. Then I would start the move up to where it belongs.
 
DO NOT take my word for gospel. I am a fledgling amateur as well.

I would break off the bad, and put it at the bottom under lower light, 80-100 par until it healed. Then I would start the move up to where it belongs.
Thank you for the advice!
 
I killed all the tissue off my seasons greetings with coralrx and broke a chunk off it first that didn't get dipped and both have came back in a month or so.....something is up with the system, just the monti is the one showing the signs first....it looks like a grafted monti cap but hard to tell it should have red polyps out if its happy
 

Attachments

  • 20210928_224457.jpg
    20210928_224457.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210928_224805.jpg
    20210928_224805.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 57

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new