Sebae Anenome help feeding

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. I just got a sebae Anenome 4 days ago in my 30 gal tank. I bought some krill and tried feeding it but he won’t take it. I don’t want him to die on me. What should I do? Thanks!

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the new sebae

Attachments

• CC8D3537-94B8-4DFE-8F3E-7D9D2553C231.jpeg
    CC8D3537-94B8-4DFE-8F3E-7D9D2553C231.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 56

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feed him he needs strong lighting for his food. Stable parameters and an aged tank for success. What lighting do you have and how old is the tank. Again doesn’t need to be fed but you can after a while and it’s adjusted to your tank feed once a week a piece of seafood the size of a pencil eraser.

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t feed him he needs strong lighting for his food. Stable parameters and an aged tank for success. What lighting do you have and how old is the tank. Again doesn’t need to be fed but you can after a while and it’s adjusted to your tank feed once a week a piece of seafood the size of a pencil eraser.
Oh wow thank you so much. So my tank is about a year old. I have 5 fish 2 clowns a tang and two little damsels the maintenance guy suggested when I first got the tank. So they have all been doing fine. And I’m not sure what my lighting is. I would need to check and get back to you on that one….is there a certain temperature that is best for nem to live in as well? I need to check what I have that at also.

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
too soon to feed it, and it's not really necessary to do so
So that’s what I’ve been hearing since being on here. The gentleman who does my tank suggests what to do for the tank. But lately what he’s been bringing me has not been going well so I figured I’d come here to people who have healthy tanks. Not saying that he’s bad just wanted some other opinions.

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp same as fish 78-80 alk cal mag and salinity stable most inportant
Hm well my salinity is stable I know that. Not sure about the cal and mag I just have something that measures the salinity. Maybe I should buy something to test those other two…any recommendations?

BiggestE22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that’s what I’ve been hearing since being on here. The gentleman who does my tank suggests what to do for the tank. But lately what he’s been bringing me has not been going well so I figured I’d come here to people who have healthy tanks. Not saying that he’s bad just wanted some other opinions.
Easiest lighting would be LEDs if you just have regular fluorescent bulbs you need to upgrade.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Let him settle and offer mysis shrimp therafter

OP
OP
michelleb

michelleb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have a fluval for my lighting...

Attachments

• Fluval-A3993-Sea-MarineReef-20-LED-24-34-0.jpg
    Fluval-A3993-Sea-MarineReef-20-LED-24-34-0.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 51

Intense37754

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry but scrap it, actually use it on something less demanding. What size is the tank? A solid led from Reefi, AI, Ecotech, kessil or even a blackbox with the proper settings will do well. When researching lights you will need sps par level for a Sebae ramped up a little higher during acclimating

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back