Sebae Anenome opens up at night?

J2010701

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2022
Messages
372
Reaction score
288
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got a sebae anemone last week. It’s weird, in the mornings, when the room is dark, it’s fully expanded but throughout the day it closes up quite a bit. I lowered the intensity on my lights. Currently using Radions. Any idea what it could be?

Tank is about 18 months old.
 
It could be the light is too strong, as you suspect
 
I’m running into the exact same issue. New sebae, inflates twice as big during night when lights are dim. And shrinks noticeably during the day when the lights are strong.

I thought sebae prefers strong light, am I missing something?

How’s your sebae doin?
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new