Second New DIY Two Part Recipe with Higher pH Boost

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in here using Randy’s hi PH alk 2 part with a carx ?? To boost ph instead on kalk ? I’m trying to figure out how to implement it on my system

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm talking about when using sodium hydroxide and calcium chloride. If you use those, then it is desirable to maintain magnesium, potassium, sulfate, etc.
I thought the carx does mag also , I was thinking I would have to only do Part of the alk and ca of your 2 part and The mag would be supplied by the carx.. I might be easier to do that kalk now looking at it..
You think I would be able to add these to your 2 part and mag if I go that route ??

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought the carx does mag also , I was thinking I would have to only do Part of the alk and ca of your 2 part and The mag would be supplied by the carx.. I might be easier to do that kalk now looking at it..
You think I would be able to add these to your 2 part and mag if I go that route ??

Depending on the media, the reactor will add a balanced amount of calcium, alk, and magnesium.

Any additional alkalinity you add using the hydroxide also needs a balanced amount of calcium, and if you use calcium chloride for that calcium, also needs a balancing amount of magnesium, sulfate, potassium etc. Like any two part used in conjunction with the reactor.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the media, the reactor will add a balanced amount of calcium, alk, and magnesium.

Any additional alkalinity you add using the hydroxide also needs a balanced amount of calcium, and if you use calcium chloride for that calcium, also needs a balancing amount of magnesium, sulfate, potassium etc. Like any two part used in conjunction with the reactor.
Thank you !!

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley So now that I understand this process and my current demand for alk, Ca, mg is 100ml a day would it be correct for me to think I could dose 40ml of each of your 3 part and 60ml a min out of my carx to meet my tank demands of 100ml ?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use the ca and mg with your alk I have so much of it? https://premiumaquatics.com/product...MIyqej2q7Y7wIVmuCzCh31XA8OEAAYAiAAEgKLe_D_BwE

thank you again !!

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I use the ca and mg with your alk I have so much of it? https://premiumaquatics.com/product...MIyqej2q7Y7wIVmuCzCh31XA8OEAAYAiAAEgKLe_D_BwE

thank you again !!
yes.

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Randy Holmes-Farley So now that I understand this process and my current demand for alk, Ca, mg is 100ml a day would it be correct for me to think I could dose 40ml of each of your 3 part and 60ml a min out of my carx to meet my tank demands of 100ml ?

No. mL out of your reactor is much less potent than mL of a two part.

OP
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This two part has an alkalinity of 5,300 dkH.

The output of a CaCO2/Co2 reactor is typically 20-40 dKH, which means it added something like 13-33 dKH to the input of about 7 dKH.

Thus the two part is hundreds of times more concentrated.

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the 2 part calculator would I be correct in choosing the option for recipe 1 for the New high ph 2 part alk and ca?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 48

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back