Seeking advice - Moving forward after Ich / Velvet

FisheRare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you see rapid breathing in the days before any of the fish died?

This is a tough situation - the betta, mandarin and wrasse are fairly ich resistant, but can pass it on. Here is an idea, I’m not 100% sold on this just a thought:
Get a big UV for your display and start ich management in there with those fish. Pull the affected ones and treat with copper. Having had ich, they may gain some immunity. Then - after 30 days of copper and two weeks of isolation, decide if the fish in your DT are “disease free”. If so, then add the treated fish back and go full ich management - UV, great diet and water, nightly sand siphoning, even peroxide additions.
Jay
Are diamond head goby resistant to ich /velvet ? i had out break and every fish died in the tank except the goby . tank has been fallow for 3 weeks and he is still in there eating and swimming with no problems should i remove him and QT him and start fallow period over ?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are diamond head goby resistant to ich /velvet ? i had out break and every fish died in the tank except the goby . tank has been fallow for 3 weeks and he is still in there eating and swimming with no problems should i remove him and QT him and start fallow period over ?

I've heard reports of some gobies surviving parasite outbreaks, but not always. So - they may be resistant, but not immune. In order to run a true fallow period, all fish need to be removed from the tank.

Jay

FisheRare

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard reports of some gobies surviving parasite outbreaks, but not always. So - they may be resistant, but not immune. In order to run a true fallow period, all fish need to be removed from the tank.

Jay
Thank you for the information.I been trying to catch him without ruining my scape for 2 days now

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information.I been trying to catch him without ruining my scape for 2 days now

Try a search here on "fish traps" and see if any of those techniques will work in your case.

jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back