Selecting an LED fixture

Ryanevo2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am sure this has been asked a thousand times. But i want input on my personal situation and what I am looking to do with my reef tank. I have been out of this hobby for the last ten years. I came across an old red sea max 130 for free from a friend and jumped on it. Long story short i replaced a some stuff and have it looking brand new and has been successfully up for about a year. All this LED aquarium lighting is new to me and very intriguing. I am trying my best to learn about it but need some advice. What i am trying to do is convert this hood to an LED system. If i take the compact lighting out of my hood i can mount a small fixture in the space with using the existing hood. I have a couple of LPS in there now and are doing well. Being that this is a 34g tank my options on fish are very limited. I want a fixture that can support everything coral wise so I am not limited on what I want to grow down the road. There are so many fixtures out on the market i don't want to buy the wrong one just to replace it later on. Thanks in advance for any help or input. Sorry for the long post.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Different tank but gives you some "basics"

More direct.

OP
OP
Ryanevo2003

Ryanevo2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Different tank but gives you some "basics"

More direct.
I am glad you mention Steve’s LED. This is one I was doing research on. I can not find much feedback on that system though. Any ideas if it’s junk or not?

Back