• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Serious issue with WWC

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been fortunate to be in the Orlando area for as long as I’ve been in this hobby, over 20 years. And I have been a big advocate for shopping and supporting your LFS. As the hobby has grown, one of our local stores has taken a major role in shaping the hobby, WWC.
I’ve been shopping with them since the beginning, maybe not as frequently as with other stores that were closer, but nonetheless since it was a small outfit.
Well recently I moved homes and it seemed like a good time to upgrade my system. I sold all of the hardware online as I know most stores don’t really like to take in used systems. But WWC agreed to take all of my livestock and coral in for store credit. I drove an hour down to the mega store to deal with the Mgr on the deal. I received a reasonable price for what I was selling, meanwhile talking about the system upgrade and looking at a few tanks while I was there. The Mgr repeatedly said how he would hook me up and all of that rigmarole. Great, I’m excited. So I start planning. I get moved and have my dimensions for my new system and ready to get started. So I call to inquire about a Waterbox peninsula system first, but the doors on the stand only open on certain sides and it wasn’t going to work. Fine, great, I can find a tank elsewhere. So I then call to order a Geo sump from them. We work out the colors and additions ect…. They then inform me I can only use my store credit for livestock. This is not at all what was discussed. We discussed equipment on the trade in day. If that had been mentioned, I would have gone elsewhere. So there was a bit of some back and forth with the Mgr. but he refused to budge. Now I have a few thousand in credit that I can only use in livestock, this has put my build on a serious hold, again as that money was planned for the new tank.
I still don’t have lights, skimmer and a few other bits that would be helpful as that was budgeted to use that credit. My system is close to being cycled now so I called to ask about certain fish. Now I can’t use that towards fish, only overpriced frags. Are you kidding me??? This is absolutely shocking and quite honestly I’m appalled to say that as a long time customer, this is how I’m being treated. I feel that I’ve been stolen from and there was a decent amount of money involved. What’s the story WWC?

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, we apologize for not responding to your comments sooner. However, looking over your account and recalling the conversations that were discussed at the store with our Orlando Retail Manager, the credit given was correct as we have only ever given like credit towards like products (live stock for live stock credit).

Here at WWC, the only circumstance for us to give dry goods credit to a customer would be from a returned sealed dry goods product within 30 days of purchase.

Nonetheless, we are sorry that you feel that we mislead and we would like to invite you back to the store and speak to Carlos our Retail Manager to see what options we can offer you in regarding your livestock needs. We look forward to seeing you between Tuesday and Saturday so we can help you out.

OP
OP
ShawnSaucier

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, we apologize for not responding to your comments sooner. However, looking over your account and recalling the conversations that were discussed at the store with our Orlando Retail Manager, the credit given was correct as we have only ever given like credit towards like products (live stock for live stock credit).

Here at WWC, the only circumstance for us to give dry goods credit to a customer would be from a returned sealed dry goods product within 30 days of purchase.

Nonetheless, we are sorry that you feel that we mislead and we would like to invite you back to the store and speak to Carlos our Retail Manager to see what options we can offer you in regarding your livestock needs. We look forward to seeing you between Tuesday and Saturday so we can help you out.
Thank you for your reply. At this point I am just using my credit for livestock. The damage is done.
I understand your store policy now as this discussion has gone in circles for months after you acquired my livestock and I find myself on the losing end. Again, if it had been stated in the beginning we would not be having this discussion. I believe it would be best that I never speak to Carlos again. Not sure I could keep it professional and would rather not make /provoke a scene. I find it rather insulting that you suggest I continue doing business with this gentleman. But this shows to me where I stand as a long time customer and our future business together.
I know that I have been taken advantage of as per the discussion that was had originally before I drove the hour + to deliver the corals and livestock. There were plenty of stores closer that would and have easily done business with me and stayed true to their word. It was my fault for deciding to pick to work with Carlos. This will not happen again in the future. Lesson learned.
Thank you again for your reply.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back