!!!SERIOUS MARKET RESEARCH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Shopping cart reminder emails

• Total voters

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, not really. Just curious about whether or not people actually appreciate shopping cart reminder emails, or if like me, you see it pretty much like spam. Which I truly can't stand.

I've been on the fence about these things too long and would prefer to pull the plug unless there's any general consensus that you guys want them crowding up your inboxes. I mean has anyone actually got a reminder, went back and finished the order, and if so was that the driving force behind your decision to go ahead and order?

I thought a simple poll will help in the decision-making process.

Screenshot 2019-07-10 09.52.18.png

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not a fan

Same. I know I left something in my cart, if I wanted to finish the purchase I would have. If anything, these emails only remind me to go delete the item from the cart so I don't get another email, I can't think of an instance where it encouraged me to buy.

I'm used to them though, it takes 2 seconds to hit the delete button and it won't stop me from making a purchase there in the future.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually that means I've added stuff to my cart, checked the total after shipping, spit out my drink, contemplated the grief I'll get from my wife, remembered her birthday/anniversary is coming up and I haven't bought a gift, determined I shouldn't do it and closed my browser window. The email reminder that I didn't buy it is just mocking me at that point. So no, I don't value it.

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually that means I've added stuff to my cart, checked the total after shipping, spit out my drink, contemplated the grief I'll get from my wife, remembered her birthday/anniversary is coming up and I haven't bought a gift, determined I shouldn't do it and closed my browser window. The email reminder that I didn't buy it is just mocking me at that point. So no, I don't value it.
Same! Just a reminder I can't currently afford what i want :) That goes for all vendors not directed at Adam.

reefwreak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your refreshingly open and honest poll. I'm sure some marketer is going to come by and tell you you're going to lose 30% of your sales by not constantly pinging your potential customers, but I doubt it, and that's not what Battlecorals is about. You've got a brand built on product excellence and customer service. The second part would probably be hindered by most modern marketing techniques. Keep fighting the good fight, and I'm excited to post my haul and show off your most recent product excellence tonight!

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the majority not a fan. I will say that once I get that email I'll visit the site and remove the items so I no longer get those emails!

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a huge fan but just a minor annoyance imo. What I despise is overly aggressive live chat pop up requests when shopping on some sites.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless they have a coupon code with them no I do not need to be reminded.
BRS used to give a coupon code which didn't bother me.

Save my cart is fine so when I come back but no reminder.

I love save features.

This. I’ve received reminders in the past from BRS with like $5-10 off if I complete the transaction. Several times I did. But just a reminder without a discount? No thanks, I didn’t forget.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals are fun. People buying coral are excited about them. They know if they have items in the basket and will check to make sure the order went through. No need to send reminders.

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like others have said - I personally don't like them, but back in the day I remember BRS had a coupon in the email that was either 5$ or 5% (can't remember which) off the order? I know it actually worked once in getting me to finish check out lol.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually appreciate it when I get a reminder that something in my cart is on sale or a new coupon can be applied. I'd honestly be curious to see how many people would hit the purchase button if you perk them with a % off. 20% is usually enough to make me do the math.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back