Serpent star

schmoore89

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2015
Messages
82
Reaction score
7
Location
Branson, Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a large banded serpent star fish that has successfully reproduced. What would you suggest I do with the babies. They love getting under my magnetic float scraper. Can they survive in the sump?? Will they stay in the sump?? I would love to take them to my LFS for some credit…… thoughts…….

image.jpg
 
They are cute and beneficial and will thrive in your sump and DT. My fish do not eat them and they tend to hide under the rocks,
I doubt LFS will give you store credit for them though.
 
Some online retailers will sell them for upwards of $25 or more for half dozen of them. If you have a large amount, you could sell, or trade, to local reefers in your area for a couple bucks a piece.
 
Your lucky. I am trying to purchase some. Shipping is the hardest part. Enjoy them.

Shelley
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new