Setting up Apex Classic

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am upgrading my RKL to the Apex classic (bought a brand new old Apex model 2011). It has temp probe and new pH probe. I don’t need to control lights (already using Radion via Reeflink) and maybe not the pumps either (already using Vectra return pump and mp40).

Plan to use it as heater controller and control the doser (like to upgrade my jebao doser for the 2 parts with DOS).

What’s the current cheapest way to connect via wifi? Other suggestions of what I can use this for?

Thanks

OP
OP
mrtian97

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions, just to clarify, the suggestion is for wifi extender, but don’t I need some type of wifi adapter to connect the classic apex to my home wifi?

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my google wifi puck... works great and it was super easy... dont mind the mess... just started
IMG_3117.JPG

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wifi adapter connects to the router via wireless. The Apex classic connects to the wifi adapter via CAT5.

Thanks for the suggestions, just to clarify, the suggestion is for wifi extender, but don’t I need some type of wifi adapter to connect the classic apex to my home wifi?

Funlad3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The WiFi extenders can be put in your cabinet near the Apex You get the extender on your network, then the Apex gets hardwired into the extender. This way, you don't have to have an ethernet cable running across your house.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 48 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.4%
Back