several questions for new nano

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am moving office buildings and my new cubical has room for a 12x12x12 cube tank.

I can't have a sump but I can have a 5 gallon bucket under the desk for an auto topoff. The topoff hose will fit through a cable hole in the desk top.

I plan on making it an all in one tank with a black acrylic divider about 3" from the back wall and putting LR rubble, sand and chaeto in that section along with a heater and return pump. The tank will be rimless 1/4" glass.

My first question is can anyone draw this up in sketchup for me? I tried and really stink at it. :)

Second, if I am only going to have xenia, gsp and shrooms, will a 2x9 watt coralife fixture I have be enough light? I think it will but want to make sure.

Third, do you think an MJ400 to a spray bar for the return will be enough circulation?

Fourth, what the heck should I light the fuge with? It has to be tidy and can't have a lot of wires showing.

And, finally, do you think if I run this setup with a 1 gallon water change a week and no skimmer it will be enough filtration?

BTW, all of the water will be RO/DI from home and everything has to work with just one 6 outlet strip. (they are really limiting what I can do in the new place)

Thanks in advance,
dantimdad

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 37.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back