Share one good thing that happened today....

Did something good happen today

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, you get on the wrong side of the local MS-13?

Totally. I think I beat them on a live auction at wwc. I was going to pm you on your car but fancy pants has his profile locked. :D You got the ss on the street? That would be a nice ride on 485 to Nemo’s

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, even though late in the day and I feel like an idiot....I have a good thing (other than chatting with @Mastiffsrule) . I bought a new return pump the other day, a Tunze 1073 and it was higher than the old Sicce and top was out of water. So spen a week adding makeup water manually to keep level high enough so the dry pump didn't trip. I was bumming because I didn't get an Osmolater on Black Friday. So I was looking at my RSR sump thinking it'd sure be nice if that float was adjustable then I could wait for another sale. Hmmmmm...I wonder. Reached down and click, click, click. After a year, I learn my water height was adjustable.

Maybe I should've taken the hydraulics course.

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally. I think I beat them on a live auction at wwc. I was going to pm you on your car but fancy pants has his profile locked. :D You got the ss on the street? That would be a nice ride on 485 to Nemo’s

Yep, it’s back together. Have the 7-8 psi wastegate springs in, will probably put it on a dyno later this month.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today will be a good day because I have very little get done and it's Championship Saturday in college football. And my Buckeyes are are on TV with both a football championship game AND a potentially big basketball game with Penn State! Go Bucks.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to be kind of cheap and have been buying things slowly. I also try to keep the hobby to myself, cause, well sexism is a thing, and when he goes with me into reefing events, they end up talking g to him not me and it frustrates me. To be fair, it frustrates him too, cause he doesn’t know very much about the tanks, and I’m the one who’s drug him along.

This week, my husband found out that there’s some things I still kind of need, like a skimmer, powerheads and more rock work. Yesterday we went to the lfs and he told me to just get the things I still needed and bought them for me. Super sweet of him. Would have taken me a few more weeks to get it all. I stayed up late getting things situated. Can’t wait for the lights to come on and see what it all looks like!!!

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to be kind of cheap and have been buying things slowly. I also try to keep the hobby to myself, cause, well sexism is a thing, and when he goes with me into reefing events, they end up talking g to him not me and it frustrates me. To be fair, it frustrates him too, cause he doesn’t know very much about the tanks, and I’m the one who’s drug him along.

This week, my husband found out that there’s some things I still kind of need, like a skimmer, powerheads and more rock work. Yesterday we went to the lfs and he told me to just get the things I still needed and bought them for me. Super sweet of him. Would have taken me a few more weeks to get it all. I stayed up late getting things situated. Can’t wait for the lights to come on and see what it all looks like!!!

Hi, they talk to him because they are scared if they talk to you he will take it the wrong way and crush them. o_O

Today I got my wet dry in the stand with a whole 1/4 in to spare.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, they talk to him because they are scared if they talk to you he will take it the wrong way and crush them. o_O

Today I got my wet dry in the stand with a whole 1/4 in to spare.
Hahahahah. I read this to him and he started laughing and said, I’ve never thought about It like that before. Maybe he should say, I won’t crush you if you talk to her. I will crush you if you ignore her. Thanks for the perspective!!

Last edited:

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I finally figured out how to use memes. I'm not real computer literate. Now if I could only find an appropriate thread to use one.

P.S. There aint no stopping me now!
Hi.gif

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 75 51.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 74 51.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 37 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.2%
Back