Share you best vacuum ideas

Get a cheap pump, put a garden hose on it and use it get most of it out. Then use the shop vac to get the final half of a gallon, or so. Harbor freight has pumps that can do this for pretty cheap.

In the end, you will need the suction of the wet dry and even a towel or something mechanical to get it really clean.

Depending on how old your system is, I try and NOT remove all of the feather dusters and sponges that grow down there... just the grey/brown detritus.
 
Cool idea! I wonder if that pump has enough mph to reach up to a sink - This should work though, thanks.
its roughly less than 160gph. probably depend show long the tubing is, but i do not see it to be an issue unless you're trying to pull the water like 50ft+ or something ridiculous.
 
I’m looking at the McMaster/Carr Part No. 33341N17 160ml/Min 25 psi Max Pressure 28 Ft Head 1/150 HP 24 Vdc 1.5 Amps. Continuous Duty Cycle. If I did my math right, it will do a 12 gallon water change in 4.7 hours.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new