Shark identification

  • Thread starter Thread starter atomic081
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

atomic081

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2017
Messages
351
Reaction score
1,042
Location
Rushville , Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I was recently given a shark as it has outgrown its previous owners tank. I’m looking to see if anyone can help me identify it. It’s 28 inches long,5 gills and at least 2.5 years old (maybe older)

I believe it to be a brown banded bamboo shark or a short tailed nurse shark. Anyone know enough to help me identify her? IMG_2546.jpeg
IMG_2572.jpeg
IMG_2574.jpeg
IMG_2573.jpeg
 
Looks like bamboo shark
 
Looks like bamboo shark
I agree. The only reason I question it is because there are no stripes. I know the stripes go away with age but even the adult ones I’ve seen have very faint stripes.
 
I agree. The only reason I question it is because there are no stripes. I know the stripes go away with age but even the adult ones I’ve seen have very faint stripes.
Main difference is the tail fin from what I can see
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new