Sharks

Okay - I need to apology for a few things I posted early on this topic. Namely my posting of the minimum tank sizes for Blacktip Reef, Bonnethead, and Whitetip Reef sharks.

After double checking my sources - I find those tank sizes are way to small. Those tank sizes were more suited sub-adult-young adult sharks, not for the full grown adult sharks. The full adults of these species the minimum tank footprints should be at least 50% larger, and the volumes increased by at least 5,000-10,000 gallons than what I had posted earlier.

Also - are the plans for a 8 meter x 6 meter reef in a 8 meter x 8 meter tank? If so - then no swimming sharks.
yeah was thinking zebra?
 
So - benthic shark which averages 6.9-7.2 feet(2.1-2.2 meters), in a tank with only about 16 square meters(170 square feet) of open floor space. Not really a good idea.

For that amount of floor space - think more like adult Brown banded Bamboo/Grey Carpetshark (Chiloscyllium punctatum) or Ocellated Epaulette (Hemiscyllium ocellatum) sharks.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new