OP
MaverickFalcon4

MaverickFalcon4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay - I need to apology for a few things I posted early on this topic. Namely my posting of the minimum tank sizes for Blacktip Reef, Bonnethead, and Whitetip Reef sharks.

After double checking my sources - I find those tank sizes are way to small. Those tank sizes were more suited sub-adult-young adult sharks, not for the full grown adult sharks. The full adults of these species the minimum tank footprints should be at least 50% larger, and the volumes increased by at least 5,000-10,000 gallons than what I had posted earlier.

Also - are the plans for a 8 meter x 6 meter reef in a 8 meter x 8 meter tank? If so - then no swimming sharks.
yeah was thinking zebra?

Krj-2501

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So - benthic shark which averages 6.9-7.2 feet(2.1-2.2 meters), in a tank with only about 16 square meters(170 square feet) of open floor space. Not really a good idea.

For that amount of floor space - think more like adult Brown banded Bamboo/Grey Carpetshark (Chiloscyllium punctatum) or Ocellated Epaulette (Hemiscyllium ocellatum) sharks.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back