Shipping with Heat Packs

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This time of year is always a crapshoot with the different regional temperatures. Are you guys still shipping with heat packs? I shipped off a few boxes yesterday and I was thinking that its about time to put them away for the season.

Thanks

MikeB

R2R Web Admin & Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shipped a packge from FL to IL yesterday. It was delivered this morning to IL at 8:50 ish. It was 90 here in FL but 60 where is was going. Those are highs. I know the lows where it was goin were in the 50's and on the plane I knew it was going to be even colder at high altitude. I shipped with a heat pack but there was TONS of paper in between the heat pack and the corals. There was so much paper in between I doubt the heat pack did anything :)

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the destination is mid 70's, then I consider shipping with no heat pack(s)... I always check at weather.com on shipping day what the weather is like at destination... :)

Last edited:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always ship with HP unless its going to where either of you guys are from ;) ... or some other nice warm area I'd rather be than MI...

OP
OP
mpoletti

mpoletti

Just a drunkard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just heard back from the recipient of the east coast package, a tad warm at 81 degrees, but thats fine in my book. That was from Sacramento to Brooklyn. I did include heat 20 hour heat packs with plenty of paper as well. May is usually the month I stop using them until the fall.

blaze98

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not been using them since the weather here is around 70, but I have been using insulated packs.

acdraindrps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a box today that had a heatpack in it, although in Buffalo we are still getting colder temps.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 85 48.6%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back