Should I Tear Down Tank?

nervousmonkey

LPS Lover, SPS Enabler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to have a canister filter to vacuum my sump.
Hey, that's a great idea!! Never thought of a canister as a vacuum but it would work great in that function! Funny I never thought of that, but I learn something new every day... Super cool idea! May have to break out an old canister I have lying around and fill it with carbon and go to work tomorrow! :cool:

Pfisherman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, that's a great idea!! Never thought of a canister as a vacuum but it would work great in that function! Funny I never thought of that, but I learn something new every day... Super cool idea! May have to break out an old canister I have lying around and fill it with carbon and go to work tomorrow! :cool:

I can't take credit for that idea, but thanks. I think it was @melev or @mrsaltwatertank that I saw do it on you tube years ago.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well @Tristan, I think you should make your mom proud.
This can be your year!

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read in this post not to use a canister filter. Other than the obvious of seeing the intake and outake why not if you don't have a sump and skimmer? I would see it as added filtration myself but than I'm not a saltwater person yet. And that is why I am asking. I am going to salt from fresh and have canister filters along with a floating sand bed filter. The sand bed will have obliterated sand in it. And the canister have biomedia from Great Wave engineering which I find fantastic. My LFS told me I could go from fresh to salt with what I have and some live rock.
In the next several weeks I will have plenty of questions. Thanks guys and girls

scardall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Break the tank down and convert it to freshwater and go with African Cichlids. They are mouth breeders and are easy and fun to have with the colors of some saltwater fish. (they are aggressive fish) Please Read up on them. Buy a book used from Amazon.com and have FUN.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 102 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back