Show me your Cynarina

  • Thread starter Thread starter AcroNem
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
4,509
Reaction score
14,360
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel this species (Cynarina lacrymalis) can be very underrated. It's one of my favorites and I want to see the others out there, so here's a showoff thread, whether you have it now or kept it in the past. I'll start (:

20160605_150157.jpg
 
I feel this species (Cynarina lacrymalis) can be very underrated. It's one of my favorites and I want to see the others out there, so here's a showoff thread, whether you have it now or kept it in the past. I'll start :)

20160605_150157.jpg
I would swear I had the twin to your bleeding apple....:D
 
Recently I saw some for sale. LPS I'm guessing? Easy? We have smaller tanks, but I wouldn't mind trying one.
 
Recently I saw some for sale. LPS I'm guessing? Easy? We have smaller tanks, but I wouldn't mind trying one.

Technically, yes, they're a large solitary polyp. They can be finicky, don't tolerate shipping very well and bleach easily. But if you feed them well and have a stable system they aren't too bad.
 
My tank does lps very well and all sps I have tried. Easier sps. I have stock oceanic compact fluorescent oceanic lights. Would these guys be similar to a plate Coral?
 
With my low end lighting, I assume I could place on rock, not just sandbed.
 
@AcroNem and @Reeferdood I'm blaming you guys when one follows me home. Your pics are beautiful.

I'm happy to take the fall (; and thank you, I had one that was a darker red -purple but I can't find a pic anywhere. They aren't horribly expensive either.
 
I'm happy to take the fall (; and thank you, I had one that was a darker red -purple but I can't find a pic anywhere. They aren't horribly expensive either.
Honestly that's why I was wondering. We have inexpensive coral. I almost bought it. I was afraid I'd kill him.
 
Honestly that's why I was wondering. We have inexpensive coral. I almost bought it. I was afraid I'd kill him.

Like we said they can be sensitive at first, but are pretty easy to keep happy after that unless you blast it with flow.
 
Like we said they can be sensitive at first, but are pretty easy to keep happy after that unless you blast it with flow.
So more like an acan than a plate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new