jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your budget? I have an @Elite-Aquatics one and love it. Tyler will flip the drains for you at no extra cost. You can always have him build you a full custom one if needed. I simply used the RS-33 so I didn't have to pay for a full custom one... it wasn't worth it to me to add only another 3" or so to the length of the sump.

Edit: Oh and this is reply # 5000 for this thread. I'm very happy with how this thread turned out and everyone helping each other. It's exactly what I had envisioned a couple of years ago!

I've reach out to them hopefully I'll hear. Ack soon. I have a 425xl so my sump dimensions aren't as large. Only 27.5"x20"

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've reach out to them hopefully I'll hear. Ack soon. I have a 425xl so my sump dimensions aren't as large. Only 27.5"x20"

Yeah, you would need to go with their 22" model if you don't want to pay for custom.

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, you would need to go with their 22" model if you don't want to pay for custom.
I was certainly going to entertain the custom idea, as the 22" would be a large space loss. I wasn't sure if it would be more than 1K or not.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been MIA for a few months but still going great!

Iphone photo with adjustment to get out some blue.

7HJFe1u.jpg

I got this beautiful NanoBox Reef refugium light, handmade in the USA and it works great! So much better than the white lights.

9qc7Mkm.jpg

It puts out a violet/red spectrum that my phone can't handle haha

unbynhc.jpg

Giraffe0621

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys use to hide your pump cords along the side of the tank? I just put my 2 MP40's on the back glass, used the little adhesive square & ziptie that came with it to hold the cord a few inches above it, but not sure what will work best to secure the power cords down the back corner of the tank before it reaches my cabinet. Any suggestions?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been MIA for a few months but still going great!

Iphone photo with adjustment to get out some blue.

7HJFe1u.jpg

I got this beautiful NanoBox Reef refugium light, handmade in the USA and it works great! So much better than the white lights.

9qc7Mkm.jpg

It puts out a violet/red spectrum that my phone can't handle haha

unbynhc.jpg

Very nice!

boozeman27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys use to hide your pump cords along the side of the tank? I just put my 2 MP40's on the back glass, used the little adhesive square & ziptie that came with it to hold the cord a few inches above it, but not sure what will work best to secure the power cords down the back corner of the tank before it reaches my cabinet. Any suggestions?

From lowes or Home Depot get some aluminum angle pieces. Cut to length with a hack saw and use a file to smooth the edges. Then paint black and apply to the corner of thank with double stick tape. Leave enough room on side to tuck in the power head cable. Its invisible when installed. Works great!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this has been discussed way back at the beginning. I'm planning on a 350 or 425xl. I have a gen 3 xr30 on my old 65 tall acrylic tank, which is mounted on the wall of my center overflow.

So I could get another xr30 and put one on each side of the overflow section, about 16" from each side to center each one over half the tank or I could put mount the xr30 on the center of the overflow section and do 2 xr15's somewhere off from the ends.

Any preference? Also Im trying to get used gen 3s but if I do a gen 4, is a pro that much better especially if not a sps tank? One person said the regular gen 4 would probably match the gen 3 pro in output.

Also do people have a preference for each light on its own mount or use the multi-light RMS track?

Thanks for the ideas!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the heart of Hurricane Irma, near the coast as well. I have hurricane windows but they are rated to 150, not 200+.

Hopefully my tank does not go down. I would be horrified. So many acropora colonies I have grown from frags, fish I've had for years and years.

If it is a total loss, I will either take a break altogether or more likely have insurance get me a XXL or peninsula.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take some of your frags for you!

Make sure you have backup power. Also, have bubblers with extra batteries just in case. Fans for temp control as temps go up without ac in power outages. I made 35g of fresh and saltwater before Harvey and had it ready to go. Also froze some gallon containers of rodi in clean milk jugs in case I needed to bring down temps.

Good luck.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From lowes or Home Depot get some aluminum angle pieces. Cut to length with a hack saw and use a file to smooth the edges. Then paint black and apply to the corner of thank with double stick tape. Leave enough room on side to tuck in the power head cable. Its invisible when installed. Works great!

Great idea!

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm got a reefer 425xl in the living room and a fluval 13.5 in the bedroom. Is it crazy to think about changing the 13.5 for the reefer nano or 170? I really miss the nice stand and a dedicated sump. Am I going to far?

DinoS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the heart of Hurricane Irma, near the coast as well. I have hurricane windows but they are rated to 150, not 200+.

Hopefully my tank does not go down. I would be horrified. So many acropora colonies I have grown from frags, fish I've had for years and years.

If it is a total loss, I will either take a break altogether or more likely have insurance get me a XXL or peninsula.

Have extra saltwater mixed so that you can do small water changes to help keep ur parameters in check also!!!!

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is your glass scraper easy enough to move around the corner with this modification?

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my display replaced under warranty last week so took the day to swap them over. This time I've decided to keep the background on, as I figured it's easier to take off than put back on, but I'm enjoying the black background - I think?

The summer months have taken its toll on the tank and I've spent most of my time and money on our garden and time with the family, so over the autumn and winter months I'll take back the time for the tank and get it stocked with more SPS and fish.

IMG_9976.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back