kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an American DJ power strip that's designed to be mounted on a rack. Anyone have suggestions on the best way to mount on a Reefer 170 stand?

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Busy day...

Just did the rocks on left over today. Still not exactly what I want but closer.

Plus got 10 new @WWC frags in...

20170830_165241.jpg
20170830_165224.jpg
20170830_165249.jpg

Last edited:

tmwilson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions for you guys. Just bought a 525 xl and need some help figuring out the reactor situation. I've never had a sump, only HOB equipment, so this is fairly new to me. I bought an upsized Jebao return pump as I was told to T this off with my reactor and have it flow through the reactor that way, no pump for the reactor needed. Is this too much flow for a reactor? Does this situation even work?

What reactors are you guys using? I apologize for being such a newbie with this, but I've been searching and can't seem to find anything about this. Thanks!

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few questions for you guys. Just bought a 525 xl and need some help figuring out the reactor situation. I've never had a sump, only HOB equipment, so this is fairly new to me. I bought an upsized Jebao return pump as I was told to T this off with my reactor and have it flow through the reactor that way, no pump for the reactor needed. Is this too much flow for a reactor? Does this situation even work?

What reactors are you guys using? I apologize for being such a newbie with this, but I've been searching and can't seem to find anything about this. Thanks!

I'm using a Jebao DCT-12000 split off to:

1. UV sterilizer
2. AquaMaxx reactor (biopellets)
3. AquaMaxx reactor (GFO)

You need to add some gate valves off those tees to control flow and you're good to go.

Take a look through this thread and there are a bunch of pictures with hard plumbed manifolds and the parts. Lots of great ideas to get ideas from.

tmwilson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using a Jebao DCT-12000 split off to:

1. UV sterilizer
2. AquaMaxx reactor (biopellets)
3. AquaMaxx reactor (GFO)

You need to add some gate valves off those tees to control flow and you're good to go.

Take a look through this thread and there are a bunch of pictures with hard plumbed manifolds and the parts. Lots of great ideas to get ideas from.

Very nice, thank you for the reply. I've looked through this reply and theres a ton of info, just 250 pages to go through is overwhelming haha.

Do you mind sending a link to the reactor you use? I see there are many different ones, pellets vs. liquid. My assumption would be that the T is on the effluent side of the pump and not the influent, but I could be wrong. And is this T a separate line run to the reactors and one run to the normal return? Like line A runs to normal return and line B runs to the reactors? On the outlet of the line of reactors does this dump into the skimmer chamber or what?

Also, what UV sterilizer are you using? Thanks.

jazzmik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice, thank you for the reply. I've looked through this reply and theres a ton of info, just 250 pages to go through is overwhelming haha.

Do you mind sending a link to the reactor you use? I see there are many different ones, pellets vs. liquid. My assumption would be that the T is on the effluent side of the pump and not the influent, but I could be wrong. And is this T a separate line run to the reactors and one run to the normal return? Like line A runs to normal return and line B runs to the reactors? On the outlet of the line of reactors does this dump into the skimmer chamber or what?

Also, what UV sterilizer are you using? Thanks.

Using 2 AquaMaxx reactors. 1 is specifically for fluidized media, i.e., GFO... the other is made for biopellets.

Take a look ast this link on how I have it:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-171#post-3488535

But I modeled after @Broadfield and others in this thread. It really is worth going through all 250 pages

The UV I just installed so can't give much feedback. It's the Jebao 36 watt sterilizer.

tmwilson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using 2 AquaMaxx reactors. 1 is specifically for fluidized media, i.e., GFO... the other is made for biopellets.

Take a look ast this link on how I have it:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/s...ea-reefer-series.219309/page-171#post-3488535

But I modeled after @Broadfield and others in this thread. It really is worth going through all 250 pages

The UV I just installed so can't give much feedback. It's the Jebao 36 watt sterilizer.

Wow, that looks incredible. I was up to page 8 or 9 and saw his initial manifold set up, thanks for finding this. I'm making my way through the pages now and there's a ton of great information. I really appreciate it and think this will help me figure things out. My tank hasn't been delivered just yet, so once I have everything up and plumbed, I think I'll have a much better understanding of how things should flow. Thanks again for the help!

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everyone on this page. I currently own a redsea 170 soon I will be upgrading. Thought's what would u guys get either the redsea 450 or the redsea 550 peninsula tank. Mixed reef.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for everyone on this page. I currently own a redsea 170 soon I will be upgrading. Thought's what would u guys get either the redsea 450 or the redsea 550 peninsula tank. Mixed reef.

I'm a big fan of peninsula tanks. The clear glass makes the tank look way larger and less crowded, it also feels more part of the room rather than a small box that's isolated off. If I decide to go bigger, I'd definitely get the reefer 550. Just don't push it up against a wall, I think it needs to be a divider or at least sticking out like a peninsula otherwise not worth it.

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I'm having the worst luck, getting a custom sump for my Reefer 425xl. Anyone got some suggestions on who to reach out to? I've contacted a few vendors, but I'm not getting anywhere it seems :(

MIReefer78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was the option to buy the reefer series tanks without the sump. Instead include some different options for plumbing

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with Neptune Auto-Topoff Kit in a Reefer 170 sump?

Just got mine today. Not exactly sure how to fit it in. I removed the existing float valve, and tucked the neptune piece right under the triangle. I tilted the inlet valve 90 degrees to the side so it would clear the triangle. Pictures would be great!

MIReefer78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone with Neptune Auto-Topoff Kit in a Reefer 170 sump?

Just got mine today. Not exactly sure how to fit it in. I removed the existing float valve, and tucked the neptune piece right under the triangle. I tilted the inlet valve 90 degrees to the side so it would clear the triangle. Pictures would be great!

I have one. I got the whole thing to fit in the return section

flowflezy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a big fan of peninsula tanks. The clear glass makes the tank look way larger and less crowded, it also feels more part of the room rather than a small box that's isolated off. If I decide to go bigger, I'd definitely get the reefer 550. Just don't push it up against a wall, I think it needs to be a divider or at least sticking out like a peninsula otherwise not worth it.

Yes it would definitely stick out from the wall. To separate the rooms in a way. I have plenty of room that is not an issue. Just wanted to get some information on them

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like I'm having the worst luck, getting a custom sump for my Reefer 425xl. Anyone got some suggestions on who to reach out to? I've contacted a few vendors, but I'm not getting anywhere it seems :(

What is your budget? I have an @Elite-Aquatics one and love it. Tyler will flip the drains for you at no extra cost. You can always have him build you a full custom one if needed. I simply used the RS-33 so I didn't have to pay for a full custom one... it wasn't worth it to me to add only another 3" or so to the length of the sump.

Edit: Oh and this is reply # 5000 for this thread. I'm very happy with how this thread turned out and everyone helping each other. It's exactly what I had envisioned a couple of years ago!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back