M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know where the cutouts needed to be on the AA top so I mounted the lights on an aluminum rail.
IMG_1682.JPG

I love that bar, don't have to mess with cut outs for lights when making a screen.
Where did you get it, how did you mount it, and maybe a pic from side or back ? :D

Bastray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a8ee7b19f3d588da6440b0f32191fc28.jpg

Leak test turned out great! No leaks and everything is running smoothly.

Question for you guys. I have an electrition coming out in a few weeks to see what I need to do so I'm not tripping breakers every day. What kind of electrical work did you have done for your tanks? Did you have a 20amp breaker installed? The room my tank is in currently runs off a 15 amp breaker and that breaker powers 3 rooms. I don't have any extra breaker slots so having its own breaker is not an option.

I'm running 2 Hydra 26s, a couple power heads, 300w heater, return pump and other random items.

gpinto81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So It looks like my M1 has kicked the bucket. Emailed support but I am getting the red blinking circle of death

Quick poll what is everyone using for a return pump?

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So It looks like my M1 has kicked the bucket. Emailed support but I am getting the red blinking circle of death

I had an issue with my M1 where it just stopped working. I contacted Ecotech and within a few days (it was on a Thursday night that it died) they sent me a new pump block. I dropped it in and it was working fine. I did have to put down a deposit so they could send me out the pump, which I got back once they recieved my dead motor block. I still really like the M1 though. :)

AMEE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to get a s1 for my tank and keep the sicce 2.0 as a backup but I have seen a few people post this week about their pumps failing. Are they still worth getting if you have a back up?

Rick Krejci

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Using the Varios-6...really like it and control it through Apex. Have it set on 42% for my reefer 250 with just a direct, split return (no manifold) and can control it to maintain equilibrium for feed mode (won't back into the sump). Dead silent.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’ve been using a Skimz QuietPro 4.0 DC for my rsr170, but even at 50% it’s loud.

I ordered at VarioS S-4 to replace it. Got that over the S1 due to hearing about the problems with vectras and nothing really about VarioS.

ricenoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone notice the filter socks clog quickly? I mean they're not cheap and i got 5 of the 225 micron ones but it's a daily swap as it overflows by the end of the night. Any direct replacement that's better?

adamsky27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone notice the filter socks clog quickly? I mean they're not cheap and i got 5 of the 225 micron ones but it's a daily swap as it overflows by the end of the night. Any direct replacement that's better?

I have noticed that too. They clog up and the water noise gets pretty loud. Mine don't clog after a day, but probably after 5 or 6 days. I'd like a handy direct replacement too, one I don't have to try to modify.

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was using a Sicce Syncra 5.0, now using a Neptune COR-20 as part of their beta test.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have noticed that too. They clog up and the water noise gets pretty loud. Mine don't clog after a day, but probably after 5 or 6 days. I'd like a handy direct replacement too, one I don't have to try to modify.

My Reefer 170 came with the mesh one standard. I've been reading about it, and it seems that the mesh is the current favorite. Not as much water polishing, but it keeps the major bits from getting into the sump/pumps/etc. I'm still in tank cycle period, so nothing to catch yet. In the past, I gave up on the normal filter socks. Like you, every day they would clog up and end up not doing anything anyways. I see the sock as a way to catch debris that could get trapped in impellers of the pumps. I let the carbon and skimmer do the polishing.

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSC_0620.JPG
DSC_0626.JPG
DSC_0619.JPG
DSC_0618.JPG
DSC_0616.JPG

I wanted to show how the Reefer 250 looks with the Mitras LX7 and bar. I had to modify the plumbing of the emergency drain in the sump due to the mounting screws. Don't mind the mess, these were taken while we were setting things up.

That looks nice. All the metal is pretty "industrial" but modern looking. Good stuff.

M4rtin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding those cups for filter sock replacements.
Setting up reefer 250 right now, will run it stock, and thinking of either buying up 10 socks for rotation or these cups.
But what can you put in the cups to substitute socks ?
Still new at this so trying to figure out which direction is easier to go with.

OP
OP
Broadfield

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding those cups for filter sock replacements.
Setting up reefer 250 right now, will run it stock, and thinking of either buying up 10 socks for rotation or these cups.
But what can you put in the cups to substitute socks ?
Still new at this so trying to figure out which direction is easier to go with.

You would use filter floss in there. I personally still like socks a tad better... as I just toss a dozen dirty ones in the wash and call it a day. If I was washing the socks by hand, with a hose in the back yard, then I definitely would prefer the filter floss. If you have a high efficiency washer, you will want to soak the socks in a bucket of bleach over night before you run them through the wash. If you have a non-high efficiency washer, then you do not need to soak them at all.

Last edited:

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First picture of my 4 day old Reefer 425. It was transferred over from a 93 Gallon Cube.
Are those xr15s on the rms mount track? I’m debating that vs the individual mounts on the rear glass. How do you like it? Do you have the custom screen on top?

Thanks

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tubing only comes with the smaller tanks (or at least did, Red Sea had told me they were considering not including it with any of them anymore since most people replace it.) In my XL425 I used PVC braided tubing from Menard's. Lowe's had it too but they were way more than Menards.

Got the Tunze ATO all hooked up quickly. Going to monitor it for a few days and if there are no issues, out comes the stock reservoir and into a box it goes. Might still get the Neptune ATO when they finally release it since I can use the Tunze on another tank.
Was that 5/8” tubing? So it fits the barb on the return pipe in the overflow and you have barb fitting on return pump?

Thanks

blkhwkz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 3/4" ID (1" OD) braided tubing and then soaked the end in boiling water so it would fit the barbed fitting. Used a clamp on the tubing on the return pipe. The pump I was using had a barbed connection too.

Back