Palluk33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to level up my reefer 350 what should I use? Do anybody have same problem? Flooring is tile.

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to level up my reefer 350 what should I use? Do anybody have same problem? Flooring is tile.

Lowe’s sells wooden shims that I used under my 250! Worked great I just tapped them under the tank with a hammer and I’m going to cut off the edges that overhang and paint the edges black!

Palluk33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lowe’s sells wooden shims that I used under my 250! Worked great I just tapped them under the tank with a hammer and I’m going to cut off the edges that overhang and paint the edges black!

Did you put the shims under the plastic legs or cabinet?

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put the shims under the plastic legs or cabinet?

Cabinet.
ddeaf4f5b8c0d757f4c435e7d5fc7c87.jpg

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, would someone please direct me to the post number for the splitter parts (return) that Broadfield used in his build. I can't seem to find them and I would like to order from BRS but be sure to get the right size. I know how to do it as I already converted to standard plumbing. Thanks in advance for your help.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, would someone please direct me to the post number for the splitter parts (return) that Broadfield used in his build. I can't seem to find them and I would like to order from BRS but be sure to get the right size. I know how to do it as I already converted to standard plumbing. Thanks in advance for your help.

You can get this to adapt Red Sea to loc line Vivid Creative Aquatics
RED SEA REEFER RETURN NOZZLE TO LOC-LINE ADAPTER
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/red-...loc-line-adapter-vivid-creative-aquatics.html

Y fitting
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-y-fitting.html

Loc line
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/loc-line-modular-hose-segments.html

Then pick out what ends for the lock line. Broadfield made a different adaptor work witch is cheaper but the VCA wasn’t available then

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/red-...loc-line-adapter-vivid-creative-aquatics.html

Y fitting

Loc line

Then pick out what ends for the lock line. Broadfield made a different adaptor work witch is cheaper but the VCA wasn’t available then

Thanks, that saves time. I've been putting it off and I have to keep the return low enough on my 450 or it splashes over the front. Plus I can't seem to get my Reefer to clear up as fast due to the way the return and power heads work. It seems no matter how I aim the flow it doesn't make its way to the return but rather just spins debris around in the tank. Of course it is going down the overflow but you can see sediment spinning right in front of the drain. On my 65 gallon the flow forces the water down the overflow but of course is way louder. So hopefully these parts will give better performance. there's tape on the return do you know if it is slip or thread? I haven't attempted to take it off yet but can see tape coming loose. One last thing, do you think I'd be better off with 3/4" to have higher flow but lower pressure? Thanks!

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Y fitting

Loc line

I ordered, Thanks!

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bear in mind these greatly reduce flow from the return pump.

I only run my pump at 1/2 its potential because it makes the return spill water out of the tank turned up. So the I'll turn it up if need be once the parts come. I have the Jebao DCP-18000 and it runs from my basement sump up a story to my 65 gallon reef and then across the house to my Reefer 450 and still can't crank it, it's a beast and silent as a mouse. It's been running strong now for two years without a single issue. Best $140 I ever spent. My last pump was a Reef Flo Tiger for $500 and sounded like a construction crew in my basement and boiled my water. Just saying!

Lbrod126

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys attach stuff inside your cabinet? Do you screws?
Yeah I just used screwed but I built the whole system that I can attack everything to it. The whole control pannel slides in and out.

ourcoralreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you guys attach stuff inside your cabinet? Do you screws?

Depending what and where
I used screws on shelves (make sure the screws don’t go all the way through)
And used gorilla double stick tape for led strips and to secure things before i screwed them in

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that saves time. I've been putting it off and I have to keep the return low enough on my 450 or it splashes over the front. Plus I can't seem to get my Reefer to clear up as fast due to the way the return and power heads work. It seems no matter how I aim the flow it doesn't make its way to the return but rather just spins debris around in the tank. Of course it is going down the overflow but you can see sediment spinning right in front of the drain. On my 65 gallon the flow forces the water down the overflow but of course is way louder. So hopefully these parts will give better performance. there's tape on the return do you know if it is slip or thread? I haven't attempted to take it off yet but can see tape coming loose. One last thing, do you think I'd be better off with 3/4" to have higher flow but lower pressure? Thanks!

There is tape but it is just a slip off. I don’t know if 3/4 would be better or not. Red Sea plumbing is really restrictive anyway. I chose 1/2 because it works for many and it looks better not as bulky. I would like to try 3/4 though.

Depending how your flow is you may want to make the loc line longer to get it further away from the overflow.

Don’t forget to order what ever style ends you want for your lock line.
If you need anything else you can msg me because I’ll see it before this thread.

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to add refugium to my sump.i own xl 425. how you guys do it? any pictures?
should i just add a basket in skimmer compartment with some cheato?

incloud design

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is tape but it is just a slip off. I don’t know if 3/4 would be better or not. Red Sea plumbing is really restrictive anyway. I chose 1/2 because it works for many and it looks better not as bulky. I would like to try 3/4 though.

Depending how your flow is you may want to make the loc line longer to get it further away from the overflow.

Don’t forget to order what ever style ends you want for your lock line.
If you need anything else you can msg me because I’ll see it before this thread.

Thanks, I ordered 1/2" and flared ends. It will be here Friday from BRS so I'll post back results. Thanks again for your time and help.

Trey302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to add refugium to my sump.i own xl 425. how you guys do it? any pictures?
should i just add a basket in skimmer compartment with some cheato?

Not very fancy, but I just got some of the black egg crate BRS sells and made a divider to section off the skimmer and a place to grow cheato.

IMG_20181203_174145.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 44 44.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back