Show us your giganteas!

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likewise, I’m in the market for a Gig too, and was given your name, look forward to seeing what your working on, put me on the interested list.
When @Asagi had his store up and running you would be hard pressed to find healthier gigs anywhere short of the ocean itself. I hope he gets it up and running again cause I want to add the unicorn of gigs, a red one.

Asagi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When @Asagi had his store up and running you would be hard pressed to find healthier gigs anywhere short of the ocean itself. I hope he gets it up and running again cause I want to add the unicorn of gigs, a red one.
I red on an other gig forum about a red variant. That would be such an amazing find. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of gig, but never anything close to red. Happy hunting! Thanks for the compliment about my store, it was a lot of fun while it lasted!

MikeyA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen a few, very few in pics but never in person. " it was a lot of fun while it lasted", you mean it will be a lot of fun when you're up and running again.

OP
OP
argiBK

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up this little gig a couple weeks ago and today woke up to this:

IMG_1878.jpeg

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one just like that , has a small bud on its side..about the size of a quarter..I fed the bud sat and it's looking good

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I transferred 3 of my recent PEA gigs from a 29 to a 65 gal..right side of the tank is a little gig island .. The one furthest to the right seen from the side view - has the bud ...but it's not very visible (it blends in well with the mother) .
it is about the size of a ping pong ball now... I expect it to make its own way and detach soon...

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update : as of late today - the bud is clearly discerneable and looks like its starting to detach and make its own way :):)

Seancj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so tempted to buy a couple of the small bleached gig's on corals anonymous, but I didn't have good luck with the last two. They seem to be the only place that can get gigs though!

billysprout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so tempted to buy a couple of the small bleached gig's on corals anonymous, but I didn't have good luck with the last two. They seem to be the only place that can get gigs though!
yea i wouldn't ship from them, and the bleached ones seem to continuously decline unless you can give them a transplant from a healthy donor. just lost my bleached one a week before i was able to do a transplant :'(

Hot2na

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple survive from them and one failure... treatment is a MUST from that place ...on day 1

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll play. Mine has overgrown the tank sitting at 13+ inches but too nice for me to let go. I wish there was more successful fragging experience in the hobby to venture down however I’m probably too chicken to attempt a carpet.

I think they call these Electric Green but I notice the yellows are coming out more and more by day. Purple underneath.

I see a demand here for gigas. I'm looking for a trade from a smaller one from a mature tank. This electric green is growing out of control. lol

1703876595249.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 141 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.0%
Back