Show us your giganteas!

Likewise, I’m in the market for a Gig too, and was given your name, look forward to seeing what your working on, put me on the interested list.
When @Asagi had his store up and running you would be hard pressed to find healthier gigs anywhere short of the ocean itself. I hope he gets it up and running again cause I want to add the unicorn of gigs, a red one.
 
When @Asagi had his store up and running you would be hard pressed to find healthier gigs anywhere short of the ocean itself. I hope he gets it up and running again cause I want to add the unicorn of gigs, a red one.
I red on an other gig forum about a red variant. That would be such an amazing find. I feel like I’ve seen a lot of gig, but never anything close to red. Happy hunting! Thanks for the compliment about my store, it was a lot of fun while it lasted!
 
I have seen a few, very few in pics but never in person. " it was a lot of fun while it lasted", you mean it will be a lot of fun when you're up and running again.
 
Picked up this little gig a couple weeks ago and today woke up to this:

IMG_1878.jpeg
 
I got one just like that , has a small bud on its side..about the size of a quarter..I fed the bud sat and it's looking good
 
Today I transferred 3 of my recent PEA gigs from a 29 to a 65 gal..right side of the tank is a little gig island .. The one furthest to the right seen from the side view - has the bud ...but it's not very visible (it blends in well with the mother) .
it is about the size of a ping pong ball now... I expect it to make its own way and detach soon...
 
Update : as of late today - the bud is clearly discerneable and looks like its starting to detach and make its own way :):)
 
I'm so tempted to buy a couple of the small bleached gig's on corals anonymous, but I didn't have good luck with the last two. They seem to be the only place that can get gigs though!
 
I'm so tempted to buy a couple of the small bleached gig's on corals anonymous, but I didn't have good luck with the last two. They seem to be the only place that can get gigs though!
yea i wouldn't ship from them, and the bleached ones seem to continuously decline unless you can give them a transplant from a healthy donor. just lost my bleached one a week before i was able to do a transplant :'(
 
I'm so tempted to buy a couple of the small bleached gig's on corals anonymous, but I didn't have good luck with the last two. They seem to be the only place that can get gigs though!
I had a couple survive from them and one failure... treatment is a MUST from that place ...on day 1
 
I’ll play. Mine has overgrown the tank sitting at 13+ inches but too nice for me to let go. I wish there was more successful fragging experience in the hobby to venture down however I’m probably too chicken to attempt a carpet.

I think they call these Electric Green but I notice the yellows are coming out more and more by day. Purple underneath.

I see a demand here for gigas. I'm looking for a trade from a smaller one from a mature tank. This electric green is growing out of control. lol


1703876595249.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new