Show us your giganteas!

Picked up this purple a few weeks ago
IMG_5474.jpeg
 
These are awesome gigs. But I have to ask, where is everyone finding these gigs? This year especially if seems to be rare to find them.
 
These are awesome gigs. But I have to ask, where is everyone finding these gigs? This year especially if seems to be rare to find them.
my lfs which i frequent weekly got 7 small ones in a few weeks ago. I purchased a purple and blue one as they were selling for a good price and appeared healthy. Blue one didnt make it unfortunately even with 10 days cipro. They all sold within a week. I asked them to get me another blue or green if they can but i have a feeling i wont be seeing another for a while as they are hard to find.
 
Last edited:
Occasionally, Petco got a Gigantea as one of their assorted carpet anemones.
 
Had him for three weeks and some days it looks blue and other days purple, i cant tell

IMG_5499.jpeg
 
my lfs which i frequent weekly got 7 small ones in a few weeks ago. I purchased a purple and blue one as they were selling for a good price and appeared healthy. Blue one didnt make it unfortunately even with 10 days cipro. They all sold within a week. I asked them to get me another blue or green if they can but i have a feeling i wont be seeing another for a while as they are hard to find.
What store is this, may I ask?
 
Here is one i got a week ago finishing up qt. Hopefully he lives and colors up nicely, his outer tentacles have a purplish pink color to the tips. It deflated first night and seems to have stabilized out. Time will tell.

IMG_5553.jpeg
 
Last edited:
IMG_5566.jpeg
After a month and a half the male storm finally uses the gig, hopefully the female follows soon
 
is there an LED light/spectrum that these are thriving in? what is everyone using for gigs?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new