Shrimp id?

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of shrimp is the one w eggs? We asked for camels but they found her and we thought it was cool she was preggo

image.jpg

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really?? Even though is to much different looking that the more red camel? It’s eyes are closer together too
That's just some sort of prawn shrimp, definitely not a camel. Cool that you got a preggers one! I'm sure some of the more experienced peeps on here can give a positive ID.

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another question! Is there a way to tell if the eggs are fertilized or not? I’ve tried to look up how the breeding process works but couldn’t find much valuable information. Is it possible they will be babies?

Regardless we want to find her a bf once we know what kind of shrimp she is :)

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm almost certain that they mate before they show signs of holding eggs, and those look pretty far along so far so I would be highly surprised if they weren't fertilized. Sadly, saltwater shrimp larvae are too small to survive in any normal reef and need special rearing tanks and tiny foods to stay alive. On the plus side, one day soon you'll have a fish buffet!

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm almost certain that they mate before they show signs of holding eggs, and those look pretty far along so far so I would be highly surprised if they weren't fertilized. Sadly, saltwater shrimp larvae are too small to survive in any normal reef and need special rearing tanks and tiny foods to stay alive. On the plus side, one day soon you'll have a fish buffet!
That’s what I figured unfortunately. I love feeding our fish live foods when possible so I’m excited they’ll get a good snack :)

OP
OP
itselenababe

itselenababe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D2603AA3-C489-46A7-9127-A3B7F42206DA.jpeg

Still need an ID! :) Our LFS are all across town/far from each other. I’d like to call ahead of time if possible to see if they have one!!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back