Not open for further replies.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a Walker!

Ever since removing moving a piece of rock and moving EARL back ~4", the top of the rock isn't in as much LAMP as it was. This is probably one of the most impressive mushrooms on the entire rock. He decided to walk a little bit so I put a disk under.
PXL_20210527_172528798.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a Walker!

Ever since removing moving a piece of rock and moving EARL back ~4", the top of the rock isn't in as much LAMP as it was. This is probably one of the most impressive mushrooms on the entire rock. He decided to walk a little bit so I put a disk under.
PXL_20210527_172528798.jpg
Beast rock man! Very nice. He wants moar lamp bro. Is that under the red sea lamp?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beast rock man! Very nice. He wants moar lamp bro. Is that under the red sea lamp?
Yes but slightly shaded by the ledge the anenome rocks sit on.

I'm thinking a reefbrite along the front may be helpful and slide the RedSea back as far as they can go in the cradle.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes but slightly shaded by the ledge the anenome rocks sit on.

I'm thinking a reefbrite along the front may be helpful and slide the RedSea back as far as they can go in the cradle.
Is the RB dimmable?
Red Sea got it right with the shrooms for sure. Every shroom I see under those lamps pop just like your Earls.
Very nice man.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I love T5s, that is so much more colourful. :)
There is no question the T5 has supplemented everything the v2+ was lacking. I was no stranger to minor fiddling with v2+ colors. I just couldn't get color balanced to make everyone happy. This is going to be perfect in deeper water as well. Solid smooth coverage all the way to edge. Cant wait to see it on new tank:D
BTW I'm most likely going full dimmable T5 on second tank. You really can't fix something if its not broken. I just want to see the difference in white T5 bulbs at this point.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no question the T5 has supplemented everything the v2+ was lacking. I was no stranger to minor fiddling with v2+ colors. I just couldn't get color balanced to make everyone happy. This is going to be perfect in deeper water as well. Solid smooth coverage all the way to edge. Cant wait to see it on new tank:D
BTW I'm most likely going full dimmable T5 on second tank. You really can't fix something if its not broken. I just want to see the difference in white T5 bulbs at this point.

Been thinking of this for ages, T5s are more "subtle", they do the job in the background which is just lighting things well. :)

DSC_0008 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinking of this for ages, T5s are more "subtle", they do the job in the background which is just lighting things well. :)

DSC_0008 (1024x683).jpg
That they do maybe a little too well haha. Only downfall I see with them is heat. Mines plenty far enough off water surface not to be an issue. Is warm standing close to it. I can deal with that though.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That they do maybe a little too well haha. Only downfall I see with them is heat. Mines plenty far enough off water surface not to be an issue. Is warm standing close to it. I can deal with that though.

The fixture is about 7 inches above water level, no idea what par measurements are!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered up some more bulbs man.
Originally wanted to go with a coral and blue plus in each fixture. Finally found them in stock and going to see if I cant get this brightness to tone down a bit. Wife says it looks to bright and puffy dont like it lol
I'm feeling like 1 actinic is more than enough for each side. Hoping the purple, coral and blue plus brings a softer look. Good thing is I have time to get it right. Who knows I may set up and not like the look idk.
Hoping tanks come in this week. Kinda bites they can't give me expected delivery date. Just any day the orders in.
I pretty much have half my fish room tore apart as well as half the garage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of Puffy. Idk what my wife's doing half the time but she has this thing where she harasse him by putting rubble on rocks around his table. He usually grabs them and brings it over to her and spits them out like he's playing fetch or something. Now he's letting her put shells on his back. Swims across table, turns sideways until they fall off and picks them up and brings back to her. Idk man but he gets all excited about it lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of Puffy. Idk what my wife's doing half the time but she has this thing where she harasse him by putting rubble on rocks around his table. He usually grabs them and brings it over to her and spits them out like he's playing fetch or something. Now he's letting her put shells on his back. Swims across table, turns sideways until they fall off and picks them up and brings back to her. Idk man but he gets all excited about it lol
Ok you need to video way more of that for our enjoyment!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you need to video way more of that for our enjoyment!
Lol plenty of that kind of entertainment here. Usually starts with gummy, then I hear the maniacal laughing and this is kind of stuff I walk into on daily basis.
Moose gets the worse of it. Crazy thing is they all love it and keep going back for more hahaha

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New look! Yanked the purple+ out was way to bright for some. Some loved it im just going to have to wait until deeper tank and top water movement.
Shallow water and deep water shrooms is a thing.
Def know how I'm setting up tank now. Low par on bottom and stepped up for higher par shrooms.
Man I'm lucky any thing is still alive haha. If I make it to end of year with happy shrooms I'll call it success.
Screenshot_20210529-135224_Wyze.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back