Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New look! Yanked the purple+ out was way to bright for some. Some loved it im just going to have to wait until deeper tank and top water movement.
Shallow water and deep water shrooms is a thing.
Def know how I'm setting up tank now. Low par on bottom and stepped up for higher par shrooms.
Man I'm lucky any thing is still alive haha. If I make it to end of year with happy shrooms I'll call it success.
Screenshot_20210529-135224_Wyze.jpg
I will be joining you in the realm of shroom tanks later this weekend. Just bought 8 more lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New ones are first pic and yesterday ones are second pic, as they are open now. Total of 41 shrooms if you count my rics. Actually more when the hairy ones are factored in. Those things need to stop splitting lol.
408FE19E-F68C-41D9-86D1-885F37D73FFF.jpeg

AF60D377-EF7C-4459-A202-8BFF1E023129.jpeg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dudes its killing me not having tanks here yet!
Probably going to have to unplug the T5. Some of my shrooms go into straight beast mode with it on its exactly what they need. Others its just too much. May try setting up small pump to get top of water moving but then all that's going to do is make them mad. Had it pretty dialed but running a little too intense for some prior to setting up T5.
The dimmable T5 would have been perfect right now.
Super frustrated lol

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably going to have to unplug the T5. Some of my shrooms go into straight beast mode with it on its exactly what they need. Others its just too much. May try setting up small pump to get top of water moving but then all that's going to do is make them mad. Had it pretty dialed but running a little too intense for some prior to setting up T5.
Super frustrated lol
Dimmable T5 is annoying. Got to burn in bulbs first. So that means run for 50 hours and then set dimming or buy a cheap fixture to burn them in. That stopped me from getting it.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dimmable T5 is annoying. Got to burn in bulbs first. So that means run for 50 hours and then set dimming or buy a cheap fixture to burn them in. That stopped me from getting it.

Yeah I seen peeps talking about breaking the bulbs in. I wouldnt need the dimmable on deep tank. Never occurred to me how intense these bulbs actually are. I was already pushing envelope and intensity as far as I could and most where loving it. Whole reason for upgrade was to get more lamp to edges without burning things up in the middle.
No room for error with 3" of water sitting over shrooms thats for sure. I had my v2+ dialed so tight just 1% change on certain channels would cause issues.
Have to figure something out tonight. Probably just put things back the way they where until tanks get here.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super frustrated lol
They will take time to acclimate;)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I seen peeps talking about breaking the bulbs in. I wouldnt need the dimmable on deep tank. Never occurred to me how intense these bulbs actually are. I was already pushing envelope and intensity as far as I could and most where loving it. Whole reason for upgrade was to get more lamp to edges without burning things up in the middle.
No room for error with 3" of water sitting over shrooms thats for sure. I had my v2+ dialed so tight just 1% change on certain channels would cause issues.
Have to figure something out tonight. Probably just put things back the way they where until tanks get here.
Here is a trick with t5s I use this on acros, so should work for shrooms as you have a seneye to check par.

Find lowest par spot in tank. Edges still have less par, or usually do if light is dead center and not the same size as tank.

Place angry shrooms there. Shift light away from that side so the light has more distance to travel.

Slowly shift light back that direction a little at a time over a week or 2.

Basically like dimming that area, if you can shift the light to create a longer space for the light to travel to that area.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i am switching 12'er to t-5 's prob tomorrow,with actinic leds,10k whites and actinic t-5's 4 wide ,planning on going all blue ,2days ,on a shorter cycle,then 2 days bring time back up ,turn on whites few hours at a time ,gradually working to 9 hr white/blue,11 hr blue ,final goal ..hope it works... ;Wideyed ;)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will take time to acclimate;)
Problem is the 3 inches of water shrooms are sitting under. To run the T5 i have dial back v2+ so far that I can't run where my light hungry shrooms need to be. The change from 50-75 to 125-150 par when T5 kicks on is to much and needs to be a softer transition. If I run where my light hungry shrooms need to be with v2+ when T5 kicks on it ramps par closer to 200-250 in some spots. There's no acclimating to that and doing more harm than good at this point.
In deeper water I should be able to accent lighting on edges that was original intention anyway.

Also have cloudy mode. I may try that and see whats up. If I can ramp up to where I need to be and hit cloudy mode when T5 kicks on I may be all good. I hope.
Total game changer sitting in 3 inches of water with absoloutely no top movement. Shrooms are sitting directly under rays and getting burned as opposed to sun tan.
Id be willing to bet I can push some of these shrooms all the way up to 250 par with no issues in deeper tank with surface movement breaking and bending it up so its not just baking the caps.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a trick with t5s I use this on acros, so should work for shrooms as you have a seneye to check par.

Find lowest par spot in tank. Edges still have less par, or usually do if light is dead center and not the same size as tank.

Place angry shrooms there. Shift light away from that side so the light has more distance to travel.

Slowly shift light back that direction a little at a time over a week or 2.

Basically like dimming that area, if you can shift the light to create a longer space for the light to travel to that area.
Absoloutely. I only have one side running. Ive moved the angry shrooms to back and they are ok.
Honestly no one is in trouble im just not feeling the love vibe im used to feeling when I look at them lol.
I still can't get away from the huge gap in par from when T5 kicks on. Id love to be able to run v2+ exactly how I had it now. Problem is like I said when T5 kicks on it kicks par 50-100 par up to around 250 in a hot spot.

F i s h y

2nd In Command.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is the 3 inches of water shrooms are sitting under. To run the T5 i have dial back v2+ so far that I can't run where my light hungry shrooms need to be. The change from 50-75 to 125-150 par when T5 kicks on is to much and needs to be a softer transition. If I run where my light hungry shrooms need to be with v2+ when T5 kicks on it ramps par closer to 200-250 in some spots. There's no acclimating to that and doing more harm than good at this point.
In deeper water I should be able to accent lighting on edges that was original intention anyway.

Also have cloudy mode. I may try that and see whats up. If I can ramp up to where I need to be and hit cloudy mode when T5 kicks on I may be all good. I hope.
Total game changer sitting in 3 inches of water with absoloutely no top movement. Shrooms are sitting directly under rays and getting burned as opposed to sun tan.
Id be willing to bet I can push some of these shrooms all the way up to 250 par with no issues in deeper tank with surface movement breaking and bending it up so its not just baking the caps.
Can you run only 1 bank of the t5's. Move light happy shrooms to that side and rest to other?

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you run only 1 bank of the t5's. Move light happy shrooms to that side and rest to other?
Yessir thats where I'm at now. Turned the back bank off and moved the fussy ones to back for now.
Its the huge jump on par when T5 kicks on is what I need to figure out now.
To run cloudy mode id have to re install my light app and reset it all up but that may actually be the solution here. I think im going to give it a shot and see what happens tomorrow.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also. Out of pure stubbornness ive decided to load the backside of T5.
Remove flow baffles and just let it rip.
Plenty of top movement now.
I figure to get the turnover I want in frag tanks its going to be rolling and may make them a little uncomfortable but they are just going to have to deal with it. Nothing moving directly over the top of them but maybe a cpl spots but we've acquired some shimmer.
1 blue+ and 1 actinic both sides!
Let's roll
20210602_184934_1.gif
20210602_184926_1.gif

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I licked this one again, so it has to be mine now. That’s like 30 licks. Should be at the center of the tootsie pop now.

909EF998-C1E3-4B24-927D-B2384012B091.jpeg
This booger was to easy. I love this shroom. Only Ric that's made it through my madness and keeps sticking around for more. Super non evasive but seems to clone real easy. Her foots starting to move again. Its on and popping when I get this upgrade done.
Don't sleep on this little booger here. She already has mouth forming and should be full on magic carpet ride next cpl months super excited about this one!
20210602_183810.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back